Phone contracts

Bender

Well I got off my lazy arse and got the wife to swap me to a sim only deal on another network, I really should have done it months ago.

My contract had ended and I have been paying for a phone I already bought :crybaby: so upside is I have 5gig more data a month and saving 25quid a month to spend at the end of the year.

under £10 a year on calls and text. Does that mean you only spend <£10 for the whole year??? @dynax

Yup! proper billy no mates me :lol: :thumb: mind you even the landline only gets used a handful of times a month :lol:

Every time I get a good deal , a better one seems to come along . Not many years ago you could hardly get any data allowance , now they're almost giving it away . I think O2 are doing 100 Gig for £20 a month , good network too .

Every time I get a good deal , a better one seems to come along . Not many years ago you could hardly get any data allowance , now they're almost giving it away . I think O2 are doing 100 Gig for £20 a month , good network too .

Unfortunately for me o2 is pants, new contract is only rolling 1month so it's easy to jump ship if need be, but unlimited calls and texts and 10gig will do me fine. I need it for work and paying for calls is not an option, it would be very bad lol

On a point of principal I won't buy a phone made by a Chinese owned company. Virtually impossible to buy a phone that's not actually made in China but hey..... Currently have a reasonable deal with Vodafone but not excessively impressed by them so will probably revert to O2 when my contract is up in November. My main issue is what the roaming charges are like and certainly in North America Vodafone is better than O2 but not sure if that's going to be such an issue in the future.

On a point of principal I won't buy a phone made by a Chinese owned company. Virtually impossible to buy a phone that's not actually made in China but hey..... Currently have a reasonable deal with Vodafone but not excessively impressed by them so will probably revert to O2 when my contract is up in November. My main issue is what the roaming charges are like and certainly in North America Vodafone is better than O2 but not sure if that's going to be such an issue in the future.

Thats a good call on anti China made, I have stuck with Sony as they are still made in japan

under £10 a year on calls and text. Does that mean you only spend <£10 for the whole year??? @dynax

Yup! proper billy no mates me :lol: :thumb: mind you even the landline only gets used a handful of times a month :lol:

That is impressive. I'm quite happy with my £7.50 a month on EE and I'd thought I had a good deal. :lol:

That is impressive. I'm quite happy with my £7.50 a month on EE and I'd thought I had a good deal. :lol:

I'm with EE and every few months i get a text saying to make a paying call or text or they will disconnect me :lol: :thumb:

Where we live there is no mobile signal at all despite all the networks saying their computer shows good coverage. Half a mile up the hill is fine. Down at the bottom of the hill we’re limited to smoke signals.

Does your phone not support WiFi calling

Where we live there is no mobile signal at all despite all the networks saying their computer shows good coverage. Half a mile up the hill is fine. Down at the bottom of the hill we’re limited to smoke signals.

In theory yes, but the internet is delivered by pigeon every third Wednesday and of late it’s had a poorly wing so things have been slow.

In theory yes, but the internet is delivered by pigeon every third Wednesday and of late it’s had a poorly wing so things have been slow.

Do you live in the countryside or rural village?

I pay about €35 a month for a Huawei phone and unlimited calls and data on Vodafone!

A Chinese phone :shock: .

Does it last a month before dissolving into a pile of dust. :seeya:

My contract is nearly up so the samsung s8 ( mostly made in Vietnam I believe) is mine but the battery is now sh1te. I'm torn between an upgrade & new contract or payg sim deal, gifgaf seem ok ?

I pay about €35 a month for a Huawei phone and unlimited calls and data on Vodafone!

A Chinese phone :shock: .

Does it last a month before dissolving into a pile of dust. :seeya:

Had it a couple of years......been excellent.

Going forward I won't be buying another Chinese one after all the Covid shit!

Sounds even worse than mine!

I get no signal at home or work so have a box plugged in to my wifi that sometimes works so my phone is only really useful as a phone now and again.

EE gave me a discount on my package because of it mind you.

My son has similar issues and he lives on the outskirts of Bristol FFS. Not exactly in the sticks.

My son has similar issues and he lives on the outskirts of Bristol FFS. Not exactly in the sticks.

You've seen where I live......and the only time I won't get a Vodafone signal is when I'm in places that don't even show up on maps.