What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Got to take the wife shopping in Baza tomorrow morning! :(

But Sunday.......it could be the abandoned village high up in the Sierra de Segura mountains in the Jaen province! :shock:

lg.jpg

The Ride Report will need to be filed under Rugged Individualism of course! 8-)

Now you've all admitted that you can get on your bikes (using various bizarre techniques).......so what about you lot doing something on this scale?

Or is it down to just me and @JRH as usual?

If by some miracle you actually do take on this challenge, we will need pics and vids obviously.......otherwise it didn't happen.

Plus of course, people will have you pegged as an Internet Bullshitter!

Now is that what you want?........Cos that's what's going to happen!

Was due to go out today but torrential rain put pay to the planned ride. Cleared up by lunch time so went out on my own for a quick blast to Kidderminster, see picture in 2020 tags. No video, forgot to put the SD card back in. :roll:

Unfortunately can’t do anything over the weekend.

Got to take the wife shopping in Baza tomorrow morning! :(

But Sunday.......it could be the abandoned village high up in the Sierra de Segura mountains in the Jaen province! :shock:

lg.jpg

The Ride Report will need to be filed under Rugged Individualism of course! 8-)

Now you've all admitted that you can get on your bikes (using various bizarre techniques).......so what about you lot doing something on this scale?

Or is it down to just me and @JRH as usual?

If by some miracle you actually do take on this challenge, we will need pics and vids obviously.......otherwise it didn't happen.

Plus of course, people will have you pegged as an Internet Bullshitter!

Now is that what you want?........Cos that's what's going to happen!

Was due to go out today but torrential rain put pay to the planned ride. Cleared up by lunch time so went out on my own for a quick blast to Kidderminster, see picture in 2020 tags. No video, forgot to put the SD card back in. :roll:

Unfortunately can’t do anything over the weekend.

Damn!

I've got work cleared......last two days have been 12 hour days.....but it's done.

The only thing that can put the kybosh on it for me now is the the heatwave coming back.

Only out locally for an hour earlier this morning........but even at 10AM it was steaming.

Going to have to postpone any remote exploration stuff till mid September the way it's going now!

Only took one pic......too hot to stop! But there should be a vid of riding through the cave house district of Galera later.

vs392.thumb.jpg.2087cfbb6bedab80946a939b3d33c4ec.jpg

Riding motorbikes is dangerous.

But not dangerous enough for some people.

So if you really want to play with fire go sailing in a lightening storm.

1424219341_Auguststorm20202.jpg.d4b7d62d2af8502f4e47996730bab111.jpg

Annoyingly I was actually doing rather well and was just about to take the lead in my class when the race was abandoned due to local lightning strikes. I mean, in the middle of a lake with a metal mast, what could possibly go wrong?

1374707849_Auguststorm20201.jpg.d037bbaa39533ad0e9c1f8568dade506.jpg

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

But all is not lost.......I've got a couple of Galera pics I took about a year or so ago......and they've never been posted!

So I'll add them in with the vid on the report! It'll make a bit more sense then!

Scrub that.....they're shit!

Edited by XTreme

Working and trying to finish hanging new doors. Whoever fit the original doors and frames never used a spirit level.

It would be so much easier to rip out frames and put in new but then I'd have to redecorate practically every room :shock:

Here's one I did earlier

Must have been the same builder as us. Every single door in the house needed adjustment and some of them needed edges planing. Most of them are fire doors under the latest building regs and weigh a ton.

[mention]S-Westerly[/mention] I'm fairly confident that is was one joiner who put the frames in then he left the door hanging to someone else. No-one would purposely make that much work for themselves :lol:

Here is my bedroom door. The lines on the door are perfectly level, the frame is anything but :?

IMG_20200814_221656.thumb.jpg.7ca2847ab6a33364dcccae4b00dbc478.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Currently at Elvington airfield for a day of straightliners courtesy of @Ian Frog

Hope you had a good time !

Did you get any pics????

Cheers

Ian

I did have a good time despite the slightly horrible weather, I got a fair few pics though don't think they were the best quality

Currently at Elvington airfield for a day of straightliners courtesy of @Ian Frog

Did you get any pics????

Cheers

Ian

I did have a good time despite the slightly horrible weather, I got a fair few pics though don't think they were the best quality

Cant wait to see !

When did the weather turn?

I saw the top speed runs werent that impressive, how did the wheelie guys get on?

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

Did you get any pics????

Cheers

Ian

Cant wait to see !

I saw the top speed runs werent that impressive, how did the wheelie guys get on?

Cheers

Ian

Well it was chucking down with rain pretty much all the way down to Elvington so I was thinking that it might have been a wasted journey but it was just a drizzle when we arrived and stayed that way on and off throughout the day though the runway was constantly getting a dry line, fastest we saw was 235 top speed and 190 odd wheelie.

Think they were struggling abit with the fairly blowy headwind

Cant wait to see !

Cheers

Ian

Well it was chucking down with rain pretty much all the way down to Elvington so I was thinking that it might have been a wasted journey but it was just a drizzle when we arrived and stayed that way on and off throughout the day though the runway was constantly getting a dry line, fastest we saw was 235 top speed and 190 odd wheelie.

Think they were struggling abit with the fairly blowy headwind

Sounds about right.

Sometimes when you`ve spent the kind of money those people have they would run in the snow if they had to.

As I told you before once went too early on drying runway and had it sideways at 140 + which scuppered my head for the rest of the day and others had to point out to me that I was just burning fuel and holding back.

Lesson learned !

Fair play to the wheelie guys in any kind of headwind in my opinion although Nev said he preffered that to a side wind (Nutters the lot of em !).

Cheers

Ian

Have I told you guys that this week/weekend I'll be getting my new bike? :P

I wonder if there is any kind soul in the Kingdom of Fife that would be willing to take to Edinburgh Airport this Sat/Sun (depending on when I arrive home) so I can get my car back.

Have I told you guys that this week/weekend I'll be getting my new bike? :P

I wonder if there is any kind soul in the Kingdom of Fife that would be willing to take to Edinburgh Airport this Sat/Sun (depending on when I arrive home) so I can get my car back.

Not possible mate.

But if you fancy a cuppa or a beer as you pass the A14 on your way up and we will happily put the kettle on / open the fridge weather dependent.

Maybe bungee that seat to your pillion.

Have a nice trundle.

Cheers

Ian