Nob of the Day.......

Tango

So....my nomination for Nob of the Day goes to.........The Megane driver on the M11 this morning:

Heading down past Cambridge.....southbound on the M11.....and I noticed a mobile crane on the inside lane and the car transporter just in front of me in the inside lane was gaining on it quickly......I was in fairly solid traffic in the outside lane (2 lane Motorway at that point) all travelling around 60-70mph.......so I slowed a little as I could see the transporter was going to pull out......which he did. The Megane that was behind me was flashing his lights and waving his hands all over the place. Anyway....the transporter soon pulled back in because he was travelling a fair bit quicker than the crane.....and I then accelerated back up to the national speed limit ( :wink: ) and pulled into the nearside lane. So......did the Megane overtake me?.......no, because he was coming off at the next junction which was less than half a mile in front......so the impact of letting the transporter out was maybe a second or two on his journey time......COMPLETE NOB!!!

Looking at the situation developing there was no way I was going to put myself alongside that transporter when he caught up with the crane.......but I guess NOB HEAD in the Megane would have been quite happy to do that......and run the risk of ending up as jam in their sandwich...... :roll:

Any further nominations?

lesson learnt bob

never get out the way stay level with the slower traffic and make him miss his turn :lol: :lol: :lol:

not that I condone it as it could easily cause an accident!!

• Like 1

lesson learnt bob

never get out the way stay level with the slower traffic and make him miss his turn :lol: :lol: :lol:

not that I condone it as it could easily cause an accident!!

Now.....that did cross my mind Stu........as the next junction was a good few miles down the road...... :wink:

I often do it on a stretch of road on the way to take the missus to work

its a 40 mph dual carriageway I go straight in the outside lane as at the roundabout I turn right but most traffic goes left or straight on (lane 1) you get loads of nobs trying to beat the traffic and overtake everyone then cut in at the end....not when I'm on there cruise is set at 40 and I dont budge :lol: :lol: they have to go all the way round the roundabout :lol:

Yeh im on the m6 everyday and one of the worst things is the guys that are going fast as possible, then want to make their exit with yards to spare so usually end up swerving accross busy lanes causing disruption to lanes 1 and 2 with brake lights held on, force into a gap in lane 1 then full throttle down the exit, and then hard on the brakes for the red traffic light at the end of it :lol:

But then I wonder if when they get to their destination 30 seconds early do they call everyone else on the road a knob??

My nomination is the guy infront of me yesterday, rear ended the car infront of him, then blindly followed hit car over to hardshoulder and nearly hit another :lol:

May have been innocent, but it did look as if the driver was looking somewhere other than the road (maybe a text?) as he literally just edged forward as usuall in traffic, but didn't brake :?

Following someone down a national speed limit road - one lane went to two...he refused to move out the right had lane and accelerated as hard as his 2 litre TDI would let him, up to...comfortably license loosing territory. I figure 'meh' if you're that fast, you're faster than I'll be going on this road. So I'll just follow you, your braking will act as a corner guide, and if there a camera then you can take the points and be my shield haha

soon as it went back to one lane he slows down to below the limit and is now holding me up.

Passed him half a mile later, sure he was accelerating as when I went past as the speed difference didn't match what he was doing originally vs what my speedo was saying.

Bloody audi rep drivers.

At the same time, some people are great and move right over as soon as they hear me coming (tend to hear before they see :twisted: )

My nobhead of the day award goes to the car whizzing along in the opposite direction to me in Girton today (I was riding along at the limit 30mph between 2 cars). Obviously just realised their turn had arrived sooner than they thought, the driver didn't slow down and indicated as they started turning right...into me!! Stopped within a foot of me then weaved back to the left and carried on straight down the road. Didn't see me methinks...can defo see the logic of not riding in the middle of the road, but nearer the right by the white lines. Will do in the future, had forgotton about it - that car either may have seen me sooner...or just hit me though lol!! :mad:

Also, nobhead of the year award goes to the Iranian woman from work I car pooled with for our radiography course. Our exam a couple of weeks ago was in Norwich, & on the way home she asked me if that was our turning into Cambridge on the left (we were on A14). Remembering this happening elsewhere 2 weeks ago when she mis-read her satnav and frantically turned onto a slip-road at 100mph, I decided to tell her 'yes' when it was too late to avoid the same thing happening. So I paused and started to say 'yeeeeeeeeeee..........s', and being the nutjob driver she is, turned to the left @ 90mph, went across the white lines *that were covered in gravel and sh*t from the road*, wobbling over it, just skimming the grass - me screaming *flahbacks of my own accident!* and her son in the back yelling and the driver behind doing an emergency stop so as not to hit us as Zara clearly hadn't even checked her fecking mirrors! Thank god that course is over...never again!!

:bang:

I'll do nob of the week as I haven't been out in a few days.

One nominee is a guy in an Ariel atom who did about 100 strait down the middle of the road and swerved back into his lane about 10 meters in front of me... That shit me up.

But the winner is the man doing 20 in a national speed limit who happened to be receiving a cheeky hand job off his passenger.

My Nob of the week goes, infact, to a fellow biker while I was in the evil cage ...

Yesterday it was absolutely pissing down with rain, like God had turned on a power shower ... I decided to drive to work, rather than arrive looking like a drowned rat. So, there I was on the M3, in heavy traffic, the rain being so bad that everyone had fog lights on and was doing no more than 60mph in all three lanes due to large sections of the motorway being covered in an inch of standing water. I was in the outside lane, overtaking a lorry, with almost zero visibility ... then cue some absolute nut-job on a bike who proceeded to tailgate me about 1 foot away from my bumper, then moved out between me and the central reservation barrier in order to overtake me while I was still in the fast lane, then just opened the throttle and disappeared into the mist that was so thick you could hardly see the vehicle in front! :shock:

I think that guy was probably late, or had had his brain removed ...

Nice family car for me today...Picasso...

Coming down the old A13 (Prefer it leaving work to skip most of the traffic due to the roadworks...), i'm following this car for at least 2 minutes...plenty of room as it's raining. I take my hand off the bar to wipe the water of my visor and she decides to give me a break check, nothing in front...no corners...nada...50-0! No problems lucky enough, left enough space for 2 double deckers in between...(Ignoring the stall.... :oops:) but then the polite lady decides at a roundabout further along to "tap" the back of my tire changing lanes (Her being in the wrong one....)...obviously i wasn't going fast enough for her at this point! And she had the gall to flip me off as well!! (Irony kicked in as she took a turning on the roundabout meant for the outside lane....which i chuckled at!)

I'm sure they see an "L" plate as "ooo free insurance claim, look honey i can get the car repainted into that color i like!"

Nice family car for me today...Picasso...

Coming down the old A13 (Prefer it leaving work to skip most of the traffic due to the roadworks...), i'm following this car for at least 2 minutes...plenty of room as it's raining. I take my hand off the bar to wipe the water of my visor and she decides to give me a break check, nothing in front...no corners...nada...50-0! No problems lucky enough, left enough space for 2 double deckers in between...(Ignoring the stall.... :oops:) but then the polite lady decides at a roundabout further along to "tap" the back of my tire changing lanes (Her being in the wrong one....)...obviously i wasn't going fast enough for her at this point! And she had the gall to flip me off as well!! (Irony kicked in as she took a turning on the roundabout meant for the outside lane....which i chuckled at!)

I'm sure they see an "L" plate as "ooo free insurance claim, look honey i can get the car repainted into that color i like!"

Hah!! What an absolute cretin!! Can't believe she touched your tyre, I'd have gone ape sh*t whilst crapping my pants! About 2 weeks ago I was on the 30 section of a road which eventually becomes a national, and some bitchface in her unnecessarily massive 4x4 bibs me, then keeps her hand on the horn the whole time she overtook me. I screamed my head off (not that she could hear), flipped her the V's as she was overtaking & after, then pulled over :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: cos I was shaking from anger and shock!! Grr! That road is 30 for a reason, it's residential and so knackered it's dangerous/impossible for a bike to ride on faster than 30mph!

This is why I have my camera :)

I've started to post some videos to youtube. I don't especially care if people get in trouble or not, i just want to highlight how dumb some people can be while operating a 2-tonne flesh-shredder!

Mine goes to the C5 estate driver on Sunday on my way to the Bikesafe event....we were approaching a set of lights at a T junction at low speed, he was in front...the lights went to green and he indicated to turn left but actually pulled in about 2o yds from the lights...I waited not knowing what the hell he was going to do...eventually, as the lights were still green I decided to take the risk and accelerate round him and turn left onto the A658...so what does he do as I get alongside his OS front wing...he starts to pull forward going straight over the road...remember I said it was a T junction...he forces me to the RHS of the road where I was able to actually turn left in front of him...

Completely agree Xmister....

Can't wait, hopefully if everything plays out positively I should be running through the Theory and Direct access in about a month....then i can't wait!

I also bought a camera (Roadhawk), the audio is on the camera with no internal-helmet cables etc so i can post videos but not commentate as I'm going....wouldn't mind as i don't see many Vloggers on youtube from my way!

"Here's my latest video of Basildon Town Centre...yes folks, my front Tyre is now missing."

:)

I don't get pressured at all when I'm out... Hardly ever get tailgated and when I do, I tend to convince them to f**k off - usually I'm overtaking though. So I'm not sure it would be worth getting a helmet cam... I guess stuff only needs to happen once. Hmmm.

Tuesday.

A1 Northbound approaching Tempsford.

Driving the 'cage'

Traffic starts to slow and queue - Blue lights in the distance - Right-hand lane traffic indicating to pull in to the left lane.

I indicate and pull over to the left (nice chap(ess) allowing me room to do so).

Twohat in Mondeo (new style) behind me flashes lights and accelerates (in right-hand lane) up to about a foot from the car in front of him.

Everyone slowing down.

Twohat puulls sharp left (without indicating) - I had to stamp on the bakes to avoid hitting him on the nearside wing. Twohat stops (still at about 45 dgrees and blocking both lanes) and gesticulates at me! WTF??

A second or two later he pulls off and joins the queue.

Once past the police (and broken down car in the outside lane) I pulled out and passed him leaving him in the queue.

Nob of the Day - I would put him up for 'Nob of the year'!

:roll:

This junction on my way home. I'm approaching from this angle, aiming and indicating to turn left when my spidey senses start tingling, the silver picasso coming from my right is in the wrong position on the road to be following it round towards me. Without indicating or indeed looking to see if anyone was coming from my side it launched across the road onto the road I was heading up, involving my stamping on the brakes as hard as I could and missing her by about a foot!

In the light of the comment I posted above about people not giving you any shit when you get on a big bike ... well, it's funny how things happen!

On Thursday I was filtering through crawling rush-hour traffic, came to a pinch-point where two lanes merge into one, then back out again, so I hung back, started moving left to merge into the left-hand lane and the cock-head in a van behind me and to the left deliberately closed the gap with the vehicle in front to stop me from merging in front of him, then sat there glaring at me as he slowly undertook me. As soon as we were through the pinch point (all of 2 or 3 minutes), I filtered up beside him, gave him the w**ker sign ... at which point he went absolutely f**king mental (purple-faced shouting, etc, I have no idea what he was saying, I had my ear plugs in), so I nodded at him and gave him the thumbs-up (which seemed to piss him off even more), then I filtered off, leaving him to sit there and steam with rage in the traffic jam, going nowhere.

So in the end, he achieved nothing other than getting himself incredibly angry!

It is bizarre, that's the second time something like that has happened to me in the last few weeks; before that I had no grief off anyone for a couple of years! That being said, the traffic near me has be particularly heavy recently. Perhaps people are just on a short fuse. But hey, if they want to vent their anger on me, I'm perfectly happy to wind them up even more! Especially the great big brutish ones (like the man in the van) who want to kick my head in, but they can't because they can't catch me. :lol:

Douche dash down to Co-Op this morning in the piss in the rain all in aid of milk for the tea, got down by the comprehensive school and an idiot in an M3 decides he's some F1 racer and flies out from a drive way of the elderly home which is next to the school. The drive is also on a blind angle but I knew for a fact that he wasn't even looking as he just went out of there without even stopping first to check to see if there were any cars or bikes on the road, well obviously whenever I'm going down past the school I pass at about 5 MPH slower than I should which is 30 (There is no 20 speed limit at that part which, of course there should be as there is a school there and two care homes). I shook my head at him and concentrated on the ride down to Bont after that...

On approach to the bridge I spot a car approaching the junction there, without looking and just as I hit the bridge crossing the river the driver just pulls out and stops right on the bloody corner! Oh, so she doesn't bother to look first but does do so when she completes the turn? Idiot.

(That usually happens on a regular basis, the first time it happened I barely missed the car).

But, the worst part...

On my way back home from the Co-Op once again crossing that bridge, coming up to the bend on approach to the school a chav on a push bike flies out of nowhere onto the main road (Luckily enough I wasn't going too fast) so lightly tapped on the brake...Then the idiot decides to zig zag from one side of the road to the other, eventually...He hits a mail van on a blind corner! Serves him right tbh.

All that within a space of say 30-35 mins.