Pokémon Go

Gin

Ok so they have now launched this long waited for game! :D

Thought I'd start a thread for those wanting to talk about this, cos I know I'm going to be trading locations when I finally get online..

another excuse to ride around.... trying to catch new pokemon!

anyone know how the battle system works?

Can't see it in the uk playstore yet :(

Yeaahh.. Getting a message off Glorian that was a screenshot of his android screen, then frantically searching the app store was depressing.. :(

I have some! Screenshot_20160706-164210.thumb.png.9233e366cb986aaaa787710c35b50f5c.png

You need to install the apk yourself. Apparently they are phasing it in geographically to the play store/iTunes.

I've caught 6 so far!

:) this shit is dangerous when you're walking down the street.

Oh when you visit a poke center you have to swipe the picture to make it spin and then it'll drop poke-balls etc.....

ooohhhh got a pokemon egg..... it says I have to incubate it. The incubation time is "10 km"

Guess I'll have to crack the bike out later haha :P

Ooo an egg! I've yet to get one of them. I wonder what it will hatch as. Apparently you need to keep the app open to log the steps to hatch the egg.

The servers went down yesterday evening. But not before I caught a magicarp :lol:

IMG_2016-07-06-19430837.thumb.jpg.7efafa503c735acf05f196456f18da94.jpg

Servers were back this morning and I found a rattata in the corridor at work!

IMG_2016-07-07-08500533.thumb.jpg.f9cafde71bf2f517bd964a7b9535818b.jpg

I must confess, I have no idea what you're all talking about! :lol:

I am familiar with the following games:

Pong.

Pac Man.

Frogger.

Space Invaders.

Chuckie Egg.

http://archive.worldofdragon.org/images/thumb/5/5b/ChuckieEgg_Tape_1983.jpg/296px-ChuckieEgg_Tape_1983.jpg

Ok, so those who know me, will know this is fairly par for the course but..

Went to the kitchen to throw my lunch in the microwave, however there was already a slowly revolving dinner..

Lean my butt against the kitchen work top and text my best mate about Pokemon Go. :mrgreen:

While texting someone walks in and says hello.

I recognise the voice as a co-worker that I enjoy chatting to and start to explain about my current over-interest in my phone (as I understand it's rude to text when someone talks to you)..

"My friends are on Android phones, and Pokemon Go has just launched for them, but Damned apple haven't released it yet! I'm so pissed I want to play it so badly! I'm checking every half.. an.. "

At this point I look up and see it is not the co-worker I think it is.

It's a bloke who is very sensible and stoic who I rarely come into contact with.. :shock: He is looking at me in confusion and a little horror that I've just thrown all this information at him.

I could almost see the "What the f**k am I meant to do with this information?!" thought bubble..

So I glance at the Microwave and see there's still 60 seconds for his lunch to be ready.. :? So what do I do in the remaining minute we have tucked in a tiny cramped room together?

Do I apologise, explain that I thought he was someone else and try to change the topic?

No.. For some reason I decide to keep talking as if I had meant to address him the whole time, so as not to hurt his feelings that I didn't recognise his voice.. :roll:

:oops: I spend the next minute chattering away about Pokemon while he just stares a bit..

In the 10 second silence before his food blipped, he just goes "Oh.. So.. You're into that stuff then, are you?"

Well done Gin, you Flaming Moron. :crybaby:

Bahahaha that is totally something I would do Gin! :cheers:

Very curious to see what your egg is KC, mine was to be incubated for 2km, it just hatched as a CP131 Squirtle!

Just been reading stories of Australian people literally walking miles and miles in the middle of the night looking for pokemon :lol: So at least people are getting exercise I suppose