Garage refusing to provide invoice

iiisecondcreep

I don't know if it's a female thing but my step daughter got robbed in a simialr way by a dodgy garage. She took her 125 Marauder in for new brake and 4 months later received a bill for hundreds of pounds for everything including replacement engine and still the bike doesn't run properly!

She got all sorts of excuses, even blaming her for the shit service she is getting! They seem to think that females know nothing and are an easy pushover. Show them you are not!

A business with no card machine or receipt system is always dodgy to me. Ask the questions next time and in the meantime ... as above, CAB and inform HMRC office. They will be fooked from conning the next customer.

I don't know if it's a female thing but my step daughter got robbed in a simialr way by a dodgy garage. She took her 125 Marauder in for new brake and 4 months later received a bill for hundreds of pounds for everything including replacement engine and still the bike doesn't run properly!

She got all sorts of excuses, even blaming her for the shit service she is getting! They seem to think that females know nothing and are an easy pushover. Show them you are not!

A business with no card machine or receipt system is always dodgy to me. Ask the questions next time and in the meantime ... as above, CAB and inform HMRC office. They will be fooked from conning the next customer.

He's dealt with both me and my OH over this so not just females, it was my OH he spoke to on the phone and told him it would be a month (now over 2months later...)

He's dealt with both me and my OH over this so not just females, it was my OH he spoke to on the phone and told him it would be a month (now over 2months later...)

Still not sorted I'd send a firm message that you are contacting Trading Standards, HMRC and local rag ... Enough is enough.

• 3 months later...

So after msging him two or three more times the invoice finally arrived yesterday.

He's charged me 7hrs labour @ £45 per hour for servicing 2 bikes (his website states £35 an hour for labour which plus vat is 42)

He's not charged me for the MOT he did

He's charged my for sparks plugs and air filters on both bikes, I've since had one of the bikes serviced again and the new garage told me that the air filter and spark were absolutely not replaced at the last service (bikes done only about 100miles since last service - air filter was last replaced 2000 miles ago)

So after msging him two or three more times the invoice finally arrived yesterday.

He's charged me 7hrs labour @ £45 per hour for servicing 2 bikes (his website states £35 an hour for labour which plus vat is 42)

He's charged my for sparks plugs and air filters on both bikes, I've since had one of the bikes serviced again and the new garage told me that the air filter and spark were absolutely not replaced at the last service (bikes done only about 100miles since last service - air filter was last replaced 2000 miles ago)

Report him to trading standards then...... :shock:

Report him to trading standards then...... :shock:

+1

And plaster the firm's name on every Facebook group, forum and bus stop. There was a time in the 70s when every bike shop was like this - shitheads like the one who's taken the mick with you need to be drummed out of the business.