Friendly bunch of chaps

Adamjf82

Went for a ride out today stopped off at a local cafe where I chatted with an old fellow about my bike and his very nice Triumph T120 while we had a brew. Then I carried on my way slowly gaining my confidence in the corners. Got caught up in a group of about 10 other bikes for a few miles.

Found myself in a little cafe somewhere but not quite sure where, I just saw bikes outside so popped in and had a chat with a few guys and gals in there.

I had no idea that bikers where such a great community, as soon as they see someone else with a bike regardless of engine size they just start chatting.

Had a great day on my first proper ride out and everyone I met was really friendly.

Although looking back racing the R1 was never going to end well, I was in front for all of 15 seconds while he was stuck at a junction

I headed out towards humber bridge and turned off through Willerby then found myself in a little village with a farm shop. I didn't see the name was a small cafe/shop. I'm going to try and find my way back there tomorrow. I kind of lost my bearings when I got caught up with the group.

First place I stopped was Speedys in Driffield

I've been beginning to find that too, but haven't yet been anywhere at the weekend with quite the same density of bikers.

Have friends in Barton upon Humber who I keep meaning to visit - should maybe take a tour through East Yorkshire on the way home!

I've been beginning to find that too, but haven't yet been anywhere at the weekend with quite the same density of bikers.

Have friends in Barton upon Humber who I keep meaning to visit - should maybe take a tour through East Yorkshire on the way home!

Let me know if you come this way I'll join you for a ride out and buy you a brew

Let me know if you come this way I'll join you for a ride out and buy you a brew

Unlikely to be for a little while, but I'll let you know!

Bikers are friendly! usually! :lol:

But don't tell everyone. It's still handy sometimes to be able to use the "Scary Biker" card ;)

I'm not big enough to be scary (5ft 3) but I've still had some disapproving looks from some elderly ladies when I've taken my jacket off and they see that not only do I ride a bike but I've got tattoos, thinking of shaving my head just to complete the look