Bloody nose bleeds

TC1474

Over the past 57 years I have never been one to suffer nose bleeds other than through misfurtune or self induced through doing something stupid.

But being on Warfarin, it has exploited the fact that I must have a weak snot box as without warning or reason I can suddenly start pouring blood.

Last time was New Years day.

Today, went to the bathroom, blew my nose, turned on the tap and was washing my hands and the water started turning very red. Drip, drip, drip................... :roll:

10 minutes later it is under control and stopped, but it really p1sses me off. I know it is a side affect and the medical people have said that it is nothing to worry about because it is always the same side and only my nose, but WTF? :x

Sorry just had to get it off my chest. It is so bloody annoying that I can go for weeks without a problem and then boom......

I'm one of those people who has never had a nose bleed. However they absolutely freak me out, to the point of making me feel faint! :oops:

I can handle seeing blood pouring out of my own (or other peoples) finger/arm/leg, but seeing blood coming from a nose just does something to me. I used to share an office with reception in a secondary school. When ever a kid came to reception looking for first aid due to a nose bleed I basically ran away!

I'm not sure, but could they not reduce your dose of warfin to try and stop it happening as much?

I

I'm not sure, but could they not reduce your dose of warfin to try and stop it happening as much?

This is the first I have had in 3 months, and I can go another 3 months without a problem or it could start again tonight, tomorrow or whenever. There is no warning.

As far as the Warfarin is concerned, doseage is set until my next blood test in June as my INR is steady at 2.7 and the target figures are 2.5 - 3.

If my INR alters significantly then my doseage changes.

Never had one. Then I got headbutted by a nightclub bouncer (who was inexplicably found not guilty) and I get them all the time. I guess having my nose cauterised would help but I can't be fussed to make an issue of it with my GP.

I have them every month TC, for a couple of days in a row, so does my 9 year old son, his nose has been cortorised both sides made no difference. Don't even need to be blowing my nose, I can just be watching the TV and it's like someone's turned on a tap. Sometimes I don't even notice and someone I'm with says "your nose is bleeding". All the blood tests done there's no problem, it's just a weak vessel inside the snotter.

My late father was the same and as he got older and suffered high blood pressure he'd have 48/72 hour nosebleeds and ended up in hospital getting blood transfusions about once a year.

I have them every month TC, for a couple of days in a row, so does my 9 year old son,

Now I really do sympathise with you. Goes to prove that whatever might ail us, there is always someone worse off.

My real big grip is bruising

This is what happens when I fall or slip down 2 steps. This was June last year (It actually quadrupled in size) and I still have a lump and a bit of bruising.

It has been checked I hasten to add and the bandage was because the brising blistered and burst. Made a right mess of the bed sheet first night they burst.

I also have a bruise on my thigh which was a slight brush with a wall 4 months ago.

(I hasten to add, I don't usually go flashing my butt off, but my dignity went out of the window when I was in Hospital, and it is easier to show a problem than try to explain it) :oops:

P6250073.thumb.JPG.68a71e36efec66cd96e97b76a5be9e09.JPG