Business owners please help

cockercas

:popcorn: il start of first by saying im not propositioning you for sponsorship.( if you want to thats awsome)

Im trying to put to put together something to send to local businesses to try and gain some funding for racing.

But i suck at anything like this.

Basically i need some ideas/help of how to construct it so it dosn't look like 'give me money'.

Can you all throw ideas at me, layouts, what you would want from it etc.

Thankyou

The snag with wanting to make it look like it is not about 'give me money' is basically that is precisely what sponsorship is about. If not money then goods or services.

Letters out of the blue to businesses will probably get you nowhere. As it happens, by pure coincidence, I only logged on to my computer to update a £1.6 million project we've just received the tenders for today, all of it raised through sponsorship. The key to finding support is establishing relationships, finding people who will share your vision and aims and are willing to be part of that undertaking.

So if you're contacting people it's usually better done personally, often through people who know people who know people. You start with yourself and what you contribute to the greater good. For example, in my last position I went out of my way to help save a local motorcycle test centre, thereby also helping to keep the local training school and motorcycle centre in business. When I needed a hand 250 bikers turned out and helped raise public awareness for our project.

So start not with what you want others to contribute to you, but with what you've either already contributed to others, or can contribute in the future if your venture takes off. That's what will capture people's imagination.

But other then cheap advertising what else is there?

A proper website that tracks your progress, pay per click advertising, affiliate marketing, merchandising... Lots of digital stuff you can do and with the press coverage you're getting you will get plenty of hits on your site... Hits make money

But other then cheap advertising what else is there?

A proper website that tracks your progress, pay per click advertising, affiliate marketing, merchandising... Lots of digital stuff you can do and with the press coverage you're getting you will get plenty of hits on your site... Hits make money

How do i do that? Find someone who builds websites?

I can build houses/put a roof on and ride a bike but when it comes to this sort of stuff im useless.

Thats why im asking here, i know theres some smart guys here.