Motor-brain/not talking about bikes?!

TunnelEyes

Slowly losing the capacity to not constantly talk about bikes or riding. Watching people's eyes glaze over because they're like "Not again..." Beginning to feel like I need more of my own kind haha as much as I am just a beginner! Also feel like any future partners are going to be further restricted as I can't imagine being with someone not interested :lol:

How do you contain the bike talk in social situations? How do you meet other bikers? Know a couple but most don't want to ride with slow 125 :( :crybaby:

Whatever you do, don't find someone who doesn't like bikes and then set out to change them.....It don't work..... :wink: My situation was the opposite, my ex didn't like bikes.....hence the ex!...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Find local bike meets, biker pubs and cafes and just go down there and chat to people.....you'll soon find other bikers that will be happy to ride out with you...... 8-)

How do you contain the bike talk in social situations?

I don't. I made sure all my social circles are made up of either bikers or people too afraid of me to tell me to shut up.

I don't. I made sure all my social circles are made up of either bikers or people too afraid of me to tell me to shut up.

What about bikers that tell you to shut up :P

I BAN THEM

:lol:

I BAN THEM

:lol:

Shut up :mrgreen:

Slowly losing the capacity to not constantly talk about bikes or riding. Watching people's eyes glaze over because they're like "Not again..." Beginning to feel like I need more of my own kind haha as much as I am just a beginner! Also feel like any future partners are going to be further restricted as I can't imagine being with someone not interested :lol:

How do you contain the bike talk in social situations? How do you meet other bikers? Know a couple but most don't want to ride with slow 125 :( :crybaby:

Hey, you're in Dorset, there's a fair few rides out that way aren't there?! Anyway, if you fancy taking a spin down the a30/a38 and meet halfway we could start a 125 south west ride of our own in Devon or something :cheers:

Whatever you do, don't find someone who doesn't like bikes and then set out to change them.....It don't work..... :wink: My situation was the opposite, my ex didn't like bikes.....hence the ex!...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Find local bike meets, biker pubs and cafes and just go down there and chat to people.....you'll soon find other bikers that will be happy to ride out with you...... 8-)

Yeah I just can't see that ever working! I can deal with people not liking horses as long as they tolerate my passion and just generally leave me alone to do my thang haha but bikes I'm afraid totally different! You take them home with you :lol:

Hey, you're in Dorset, there's a fair few rides out that way aren't there?! Anyway, if you fancy taking a spin down the a30/a38 and meet halfway we could start a 125 south west ride of our own in Devon or something :cheers:

Hey that could be a solid idea once I'm a little better :lol: :crybaby:

I get that "Not again" look off the wife all the time. I just quite happily chat away about bikes and she just pretends to listen while scrolling her way through Facebook messaging her friends about makeup or babies or what ever crap non bike interested women talk about.

I have found that going to bike nights is great because complete strangers will come and start talking about bikes

the other day, i said "im taking the bike for a spin" and the other half said "really? thats such a waste of time, why dont you do some tidying up instead" :shock: :shock: :shock:

who in their right mind would pick tidying up over a ride in the sunshine???

So far, Mrs Lat had been very tolerant of my new hobby, but she did try using it as leverage for us both going to see Beauty and the Beast at the cinema the other night. Got so far as booking tickets, but then found another female friend to go with her instead. Lucky escape!

• 3 weeks later...
the other day, i said "im taking the bike for a spin" and the other half said "really? thats such a waste of time, why dont you do some tidying up instead" :shock: :shock: :shock:

who in their right mind would pick tidying up over a ride in the sunshine???

Woah. What on earth is that sorta concept.

So far, Mrs Lat had been very tolerant of my new hobby, but she did try using it as leverage for us both going to see Beauty and the Beast at the cinema the other night. Got so far as booking tickets, but then found another female friend to go with her instead. Lucky escape!

Jammy asf

Met someone who seems highly tolerant of the bike thing, even to the point where he sourced a temporary nut for my exhaust (annoyingly difficult to find one that fits) and put on my bike whilst I was at work so it was ready for when I got home <3

Spend 35+ years working with bikes professionally and whilst once a petrol head, always a petrol head, you will lose the desire to talk about bikes 24/7.

It took me about 10 years to stop talking bikes at every opportunity and switch off.

I am now entering my 36th year as a professional motorcyclist and I still love bikes and always will, but I also love turning off and thinking about other things :) :wink:

I've spent this week being berated for mentioning motorbikes, by a friend who talks constantly about cars and knows a frankly unhealthy amount of information about every car ever.

Slowly losing the capacity to not constantly talk about bikes or riding. Watching people's eyes glaze over because they're like "Not again..." Beginning to feel like I need more of my own kind haha as much as I am just a beginner! Also feel like any future partners are going to be further restricted as I can't imagine being with someone not interested [emoji38]

Ayyy wsup if you come to London and need a friend to ride with call me number removed.... Please use the pm facility!