Packing

Picollus

I hate packing so much. I used to have to live in hotels, at one point I didn't sleep in my own bed for three months and I think it's given me some kind of PTSD about having to pack clothing etc for trips. Woe :(

If anyone is a budding entrepreneur, maybe a sort of 'packing for hire' service to visit someone's house and do all the packing for them. I'd totally go for that right now. :evil:

Here's just one of a million happy Mawsley Packing Services customers.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6608238.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/David-Burrows-plastic-bags.jpg

Yeah cheers for that lads... I don't fly out until Monday, I'm just sorta procrastinating my way through this, doing a little at a time... see, this is why I need to find another wife... lol. :angel12:

I am with you on this, I spent 20 years working at sea and packing seriously depresses me. I came up with 3 solutions:

1) Never unpack live out of your bag (fine for short stays).

2) Pack 1 piece at a time, Oh I will need this on this trip pile it all up and then you just have to bag at last minute.

3) Pack in the last minute just forget about it and leave it till last second. I can pack for 2 months in 5 minutes if pushed*

* This technique came into good stead during my divorce, my X wife arranged it so I could remove nothing form the house until 24 hours before I went to sea for 3 months. My life worldly possessions that day could all fit in 1 single garage including the landrover discovery (she was still trying to take that so I put it out of sight), Except 1 x 32kg bag (seafares allowance I could fly with that) and an empty bank account.

It saved me living out of the car like most in that situation :|