Strongest silicone adhesive?

MarkW

For the trifling sum of £250 I am now the proud owner of two bits of shiny plastic tat, aka the wing mirror covers for my XC90 to replace the ones stolen last weekend. I'm looking for a way to make them much harder to take off; not impossible to remove, just difficult enough to give me time to unlock the front door, knock them to the ground, smash their thieving pikey hands into a bloody pulp with a lump hammer, and plant and old kitchen knife on them so I can claim I was acting in self defence.

My first thought was that double-sided number plate tape. It's incredibly strong, but the grab is instant which doesn't give me any time to jiggle them into place. My next thought was some sort of silicone adhesive. That'll give me enough open time to fit them properly, and will squidge into all the internal nooks and crannies for a firm fix. But which one? General exterior mastic or a silicone adhesive? I'm looking for the strongest stuff available, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful!

:cheers:

You could try 3M adhesive tape. The 3M stuff is used by GoPro to stick the cams to surfaces. Heat up to apply and heat up to remove.

If all else fails you can always go for this stuff Tiger Seal Polyurethane Adhesive Sealent, 310ml, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002SQY852/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_356-ybEY1MXW8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sikaflex

This stuff is the shizzle. I used it to stick stainless steel flat bar to scabby old concrete to form the threshold of my workshop. Absolutely perfect water tight seal.

You probably won't get them back off though.

I've used it in the past to fix a steering console down to the Deck of a RIB.

You can remove it with a Stanley blade.

They do another one that you can seal things under water too.

I use Sikaflex on my boats for sticking self-bailers into the bottom of hulls. Brilliant stuff. You can remove it by cutting if you can get at it. If you can't get a blade to it then once it's in place then it's permanent.

The alternative is a the mastic sealant they use in caravan bodies, it doesn't set quite as hard as Sikaflex but it's stronger than normal silicone.