For your consideration...

MarkW

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound; a dimension of sight; a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into…

The Twilight Zone.

For your consideration: MarkW. An ordinary man on an ordinary journey. But for this man a simple quest has turned into a living nightmare, for he has stumbled into a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. It is the dimension known as ‘PC World' - a dimension with the outward appearance of the present day, but which is inhabited entirely by proto-hominids from a time at the dawn of our species.

A case to be filed under 'F' for 'F*ckwits', in the Twilight Zone.

I quiet enjoy going into PC world... They try and sell me a pants computer as the best thing since slice bread. I then go all technical on them and refer to how crap the bus speed is on that particular motherboard, and how having awesome Intel on board graphics is not a selling feature when the pc comes with a dedicated graphics card...

They then wander off looking a bit confused and scared. :lol:

I do the same.. I enjoy browsing the machines to get an idea of what's about but when someone tries the hard sell I have a little fun.. :twisted:

I need to get a new windows laptop actually. Starting my new job on Monday so might go treat myself.... Thinking about a Dell XPS 15 But pcworld only keep the XPS 13 in stock.

I'd never buy a computer/laptop from pc world. Largely overpricing, aiming their products at the masses that have no knowledge and can be easily led.

yep, exactly, but they do sometimes have some good end of line bargains... I once went in there just for a browse, got chatting to the manager, and left the store having bought two HP laptops that were end of line/ex-display and a stack of playstation games for a quid each, and he threw in some laptop bags too!

I sold one laptop on eBay and sold the other to my sister (very cheap). The playstation games I sold as a job lot. I pretty much doubled my money in few days, so i cant be too harsh on them.

:cheers:

Funny thing was, one of the bags he grabbed from the storeroom was not ex-display, it was one of his staff member's bags! so when i got it home it had his lunchbox and car keys inside... problem was, i was living 100miles away from the store and due to fly out on holiday the next day!

Quote: " An ordinary man on an ordinary journey.

But for this man a simple quest has turned into a living nightmare, for he has stumbled into a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge."

Sounds like you have been to Holland... :mrgreen:

Quote: " An ordinary man on an ordinary journey.

But for this man a simple quest has turned into a living nightmare, for he has stumbled into a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge."

Sounds like you have been to Holland... :mrgreen:

Ha! Well I used to work for a Dutch company...