Article regarding injury values

TC1474

I get asked all the time how much someone is likely to get paid out after being injured in a crash.

Well I have just done an article which whilst not telling you how much a specific injury is worth, it does however explain how values are calculated and what has to be considered.

Hope you find it interesting

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/news/road-traffic-accidents/whats-it-worth-how-road-traffic-accident-compensation-is-calculated/

I get asked all the time how much someone is likely to get paid out after being injured in a crash.

Well I have just done an article which whilst not telling you how much a specific injury is worth, it does however explain how values are calculated and what has to be considered.

Hope you find it interesting

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/news/road-traffic-accidents/whats-it-worth-how-road-traffic-accident-compensation-is-calculated/

Mate, this is interesting, but I'm reminded of when I was doing my training in a government role, where we had access to a white book called Civil Procedure Rules or something. Pretty much everything was included within ranges in that.

Admittedly this was quite a long time ago, but is that still used for general guidance? I know nothing about RTA law, my context was entirely related to individuals suffering personal injury on home office property, but just curious if the variations are at least bracketed by the other forms of civil settlement or if RTA is an entirely different animal...?

Mate, this is interesting, but I'm reminded of when I was doing my training in a government role, where we had access to a white book called Civil Procedure Rules or something. Pretty much everything was included within ranges in that.

There are several sources used for valuations, including what is called the blue book and is a list of every injury and precise valuations.

These figures also cover for medical negligence cases as well.

But it is not so much the valuing of the injuries (general damages) that is the issue, because once it has been determined whether it is minor, moderate or serious/catastrophic, that element is fairly straight forward. It is the special damages that causes the biggest issue because no two individual circumstances are the same.