New partner not supportive

TunnelEyes

So, I feel like this isn't going to work... :roll:

Doesn't ride yet judges my riding - you're too slow into roundabouts/junctions (only been riding 3 months! I only have 11hp!)

Constantly says why don't you get a car I WANT MY BIKE

'Wait til you see the ice in winter', THAT'S OKAY, IT'LL MAKE ME A BETTER RIDER!

When I say someone tried to kill me 'Well I've seen your riding, its probably you'

Why can't he just appreciate my love of bikes and realise its not governed by practicality :(

No one needs that sort of shit in their lives!!

I'm sorry but I would dread to think how things are going to be a few years down the line!

A partner should support what you want to do and not drag you down in life!

That's not good at all. Tell them they can judge your riding when they have a full bike license. Till then be positive or say nothing.

Hope it works out for you

It just sucks because surely you should be supportive even if its not your thing. Turned to him all serious like, One day... Will you... COME WATCH RED BULL X FIGHTERS WITH ME?! Instant no :roll: Uhhhh. Can't wait til I have my license so I can pass the fool in slow moving traffic like byeeeeee :thumb:

Different interests is one thing, but constant negative comments is emotional abuse and signs of a controlling personality.

My partner hates bikes but would never comment like that..

It just sucks because surely you should be supportive even if its not your thing. Turned to him all serious like, One day... Will you... COME WATCH RED BULL X FIGHTERS WITH ME?! Instant no :roll: Uhhhh. Can't wait til I have my license so I can pass the fool in slow moving traffic like byeeeeee :thumb:

Do you love him ?

he sounds like a nob. well actually what he sounds like I can't write on here as Rennie doesn't like that word and he'll tell me off.

As said not liking the same stuff as your OH is fine, belittling them and chipping away at their self esteem because you're too much of a pathetic insecure dickwad who knows the only way to keep a partner is ensure they're a broken empty husk is totally unacceptable.

unless you're playing Mario kart in which case anything goes

Different interests is one thing, but constant negative comments is emotional abuse and signs of a controlling personality.

This.

Tell them to stop being so negative about your riding. Especially since they do not ride.

You are learning, and learning need encouragement way more than criticism.

You're young but you need to learn that someone making constant belittling comments and criticising something, anything, like that in a new (!) relationship should be an immediate red flag.

It doesn't matter if it's about your bike, your music, your clothes, your taste in food, your cooking, whatever. It's not acceptable and demonstrates a need to control and a strong issue relating to their self confidence. Tread very f**king carefully kiddo. I'm serious. This isn't about bikes, which I suspect you already know.

Jesus!! not even two months in!!!

Poke him in the eye with a jaffa cake and tell him to do one!

He should still be trying to sweep you off your feet :?

Agreed. Imagine investing five years of your life and literally hundreds of thousands of pounds on cars, houses, etc only to later discover that someone was manipulative, deceitful and thieving. Oh wait, that's me...

Why do women stick with blokes who talk to them like that??

Why do women go for blokes who don't ride motorbikes :shock:

because some are attracted to women :mrgreen:

Right. Incoming rant. Prepare yourselves, actually feel like people care for once so flood gates are opening... :!: :!: :!:

Amazingly, we do. But reread what you post before sending and remember anyone can read these forums.

Why do women stick with blokes who talk to them like that??

Why do women go for blokes who don't ride motorbikes :shock:

why do blokes go for women who don't ride motorbikes :shock: