How are things?

NearOn

So I rarely come on this forum or any forums anymore in all honesty which is a shame as joined long time ago and used it a lot up to a year or so ago. Facebook groups has taken its place especially in terms of bike specific clubs for me. Has there be a decline in forum usage out of interest?

I will make the effort to use it more again :)

Long time no see good to see you around

a lot of people are heading to facebook as they like it all in the same place these days!

Has there been a decline? a little but not a great deal to be honest

Long time no see good to see you around

a lot of people are heading to facebook as they like it all in the same place these days!

Has there been a decline? a little but not a great deal to be honest

Good to see you too! That is essentially it for me, all in one place, being too lazy ha. Its odd though as I have got older FB is rarely used for seeing what friends are doing or myself putting a status up, if I want to catch up with friends i'll just message them. I literally use it for bike specifics groups or other interests. Funny how life changes as you grow up, have kids etc. My main interest is instagram, but even that will likely fade away in time.

I so go on a few facebook groups but I must admit I am not keen!

all you see is whats posted recently and can't search etc! I'm not a lover of it to be fair :lol:

I think facebook took a lot because of the lack of mobile support on forums and forums are just catching up with mobile support! Although years ago I had a style for mobile which worked well and have always had tapatalk installed and more recently it responsive for mobiles so you see a lot more than you used to :)

I reduced my FB usage to like 5 or 10 minutes a week. I used to use it to keep up with friends and get news from a few groups, but the signal to noise ratio has gone way too high and most often I find myself sifted through yards of whatever shite is being reposted this week. But here I can rely on getting reliable supply of fresh, original shite from the very people who produced it themselves, and an extraordinary high percentage of it - perhaps as much as 7 or even 8% is about bikes and vaguely interesting :wink:

I reduced my FB usage to like 5 or 10 minutes a week. I used to use it to keep up with friends and get news from a few groups, but the signal to noise ratio has gone way too high and most often I find myself sifted through yards of whatever shite is being reposted this week. But here I can rely on getting reliable supply of fresh, original shite from the very people who produced it themselves, and an extraordinary high percentage of it - perhaps as much as 7 or even 8% is about bikes and vaguely interesting :wink:

This.

Facebook drives me batshit. Random reposts of crap videos/images alongside stupid inspirational bollocks and pictures of everyone supposedly living perfect lives, all of it delivered in whatever order facebook deems I should read it in.

I go on a couple of Triumph Facebook groups......Both are ok, but one of them can get a bit over-moderated and middle aged bikers throwing hissy fits on a regular basis.....and the guy that started that group is a bit of a nob........unlike our esteemed leader on here..... :wink: But, I think the mix of people on here is much better.......and the searchability of the forum beats the FB groups.......just MHO of course...... 8-)

Facebook is popular but forums are better in my opinion. They're organised and the information is retained in a way you can easily find at a later date. Facebook all the information is on the same page in a linear format without a way to search that I know of.

I find Facebook confusing because I can't work out where you are and aren't allowed to post gifs and pictures of rainbow cocks. :scratch:

Yay!

One up on Facebook in the gifs department

:popcorn:

One forum I was on closed and relocated to a FB group. We lost all the technical how to and all the Kwack related historical knowledge.

All the project pictures were lost as well

Forums best IMO.

The thing which really annoys me on FB is the percentage of posts which are just someone tagging their other half in a comment on some stupid video of a dog licking its own arse or something equally banal. Automatic “unfollow” for those now.

Forums and FB serve different purposes, so it's not either/or for me, but I prefer forums.

The thing which really annoys me on FB is the percentage of posts which are just someone tagging their other half in a comment on some stupid video of a dog licking its own arse or something equally banal. Automatic “unfollow” for those now.

IMG_0724.thumb.JPG.978c9ee0f17ef1fcdf16b4eb8c60f190.JPG

[mention]painkiller[/mention]

• 3 years later...
On 07/08/2017 at 21:29, Bungleaio said:

I love a good forum but facebook is alright.

Out of interest - OP what Facebook group would you recommend for the MT07? I'm looking to buy one, cheers.

I’m only 3 years too late but MT07 owners club worth a shot if you have the bike still 😂....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NearOn said:

I’m only 3 years too late but MT07 owners club worth a shot if you have the bike still 😂....

Thank you, I think I might actually still be in that group. 

9 hours ago, bonio said:

You're about 3 bikes too late too :classic_laugh:

🤣Very true. Passed my test 3 years ago and I'm on my 4th. I think this one's a keeper though. 

• Like 1