Driverless Cars

Mawsley

I had this discussion way back when. It's one of the big reasons I am against self driving cars. The moral viewpoint of someone else should not be imposed on others, especially if it's me.

If a failure occurs and the decision is my life or the life of a cat or dog, I'd hate for the extremist views of PETA to be the death of me.

I had this discussion way back when. It's one of the big reasons I am against self driving cars. The moral viewpoint of someone else should not be imposed on others, especially if it's me.

If a failure occurs and the decision is my life or the life of a cat or dog, I'd hate for the extremist views of PETA to be the death of me.

It's not "someone else" imposing their moral viewpoint and wiping you out though...it's all of us. If you bite the big one at the hands of a driverless car then you can meet your maker relaxed in the knowledge that we all thought you were the weakest link. Everybody. And, to be honest, if it's a choice between you and my two Springers then I'm afraid they are (probably) way cuter and give better licks. :thumb: :D

Which is why I'm encouraging everybody to select cats to be first in the line to be squished. 8-)

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dab2d2d5c133393a252cee61773889d0.jpg

My basic principles of it was the car should always keep travelling straight, unless the number of human occupants inside was equal to or greater than those it would hit, in which case, drive into the wall.

If it was a choice of two even numbers of groups (all human), car continues straight. If not then hit the least number of humans.

It is an interesting experiment.

Edit: according to that I'll spare all the old, fat low-lives! :lol:

I ended up middle for social value, species and gender. Which given I do value everyone the same I'd agree with.

I maxed out saving more lives, quite high on uphold the law. I also slightly went towards younger than older, solves the aging population issue for the NHS.

Oh and I apparently hate fat people.

Reminds me of the old joke.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To help with the moral dilemmas of a driverless car. He was deemed less important that an elderly woman and consequently was run over when the driverless cars brakes failed, highlighting a need for driverless cars to have a failsafe when they go tits up. The car behind was legally allowed to retrieve the dead chicken as roadkill for its supper. Although driverless cars don't of course eat chicken.

Ha ha ha.