Injured overseas

TC1474

I know I have covered it briefly in the past, but more and more people are being involved in crashes outside of the UK whilst on Holiday, and often people will believe that they are going to have a problem making a claim because they will be subject to the jurisdiction of that country.

My colleague Paul McClorry is an expert in overseas claims and has written an article about how the law works and what to do in the event that you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a crash or injured whilst outside the UK.

Hope you find it interesting.

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/news/accident-illness-abroad/10-essential-steps-you-must-take-if-you-have-a-road-traffic-accident-abroad/?utm_content=bufferc10f6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The very first RTA I attended was a German who had crashed head on into a Dutchman near Glen Coe. The Dutchman was driving his brand new Morgan. He was not happy. I attended quiet a few RTAs involving tourists, but never had any involvement in any claims, or any feedback regarding the road accident reports I submitted. I assume the tourist would claim off their insurance and that would include any compensation, which their insurance company would pursue. Injuries in the UK are straightforward, due to our superb NHS treating anyone without worrying who will pay.

Take the names, addresses and vehicle and insurance details of the other driver and of as many witnesses as possible.

When the police arrive, co-operate fully with their requests.

If you do not understand what the police are saying, ask for an interpreter.

Good luck with all of that :lol:

Take the names, addresses and vehicle and insurance details of the other driver and of as many witnesses as possible.

When the police arrive, co-operate fully with their requests.

If you do not understand what the police are saying, ask for an interpreter.

Good luck with all of that :lol:

There were so many RTAs with foreigners in Argyll, a local cop made up language cards to give to them, explaining what they had to do and what details he needed.