On this day

TC1474

15th of September 1975, I was starting my first day in the Police service. Seems like a lifetime ago.... :(

Why the sad face? After reading some of your stories from your time in the police, it sounds like it would be something you should be happy and proud to have done. A life well spent! :D

Many people have made poor life choices but, you sir, sound like you made a good one and if anything you should be celebrating that decision.

Why the sad face?

The sad face is because it dawned on me that many of you were still probably no more than a twinkle in your Dad's eye when I started and it makes you realise how fast time passes.

On the plus side, I am glad that I no longer serve.

Why the sad face?

The sad face is because it dawned on me that many of you were still probably no more than a twinkle in your Dad's eye when I started and it makes you realise how fast time passes.

My dad was only 15!

In all honesty though mate, huge respect for everything you did. Absolutely LOVE reading your posts on here, very rarely have I not learned something. The amount of wisdom you can shine on situations is incredible.

I'd of liked to of been a copper in the 70's, I'd of Deffo been bent ( not a shirt lifter ) clumping and torturing prisoners , nicking the money they nicked off em... drinking all day and even more at night .. what a job.

I'd of liked to of been a copper in the 70's, I'd of Deffo been bent ( not a shirt lifter ) clumping and torturing prisoners , nicking the money they nicked off em... drinking all day and even more at night .. what a job.

How old are you? Where does that thinking come from?

No free sex with prostitutes in the back of the panda car? :shock:

The Sweeney son

Why the sad face?

Age is just a number, anyway you're only as old as the woman you feel. So you know what to do lol

No free sex with prostitutes in the back of the panda car? :shock:

No , I'd want paying .

I tend to think it's often best not to ask follow up questions of what goes on in the mind of Six30...

The Sweeney son

Really? :shock:

Don't compare what we did back then based on what you say on the Telly (although that was true to life and my voice guest starred a few times on the radio as they used TVP radio traffic :wink: ) The Flying Squad were a law onto themselves and only worked the Met, but the Police service in general was nothing like they portrayed it, and discipline was very different to what it is now.

Anybody trying to attempt to say that the police force wasn't bent AF in the 70s & 80s is talking out of their arse.

West Midlands Crime Squad?

Yorkshire during the miner's strike?

Getting protesters pregnant while undercover?

I could go on (and on, and reference it all). Safe to say that Six isn't a million miles from what took place the length and breadth of the country on a weekly basis.

And on that note - I'm off for beer and a meal of Desperate Dan proportions.

I notice fredc liked this post

but i wasn't me

I notice fredc liked this post

but i wasn't me

image.thumb.jpeg.366325f30b763f98f4eec9b76601d8fa.jpeg