Admit it ! You're an adrenalin junkie

Tankbag

To be fair I used to be but these days I take a more chilled attitude to riding and find it much more relaxing and to be honest more rewarding.

What I love is the freedom, some time to myself, the wind noise which drowns out my persistent tinnitus, and best of all moments like yesterday when I pulled onto a motorway alongside another biker. We rode about 20 miles together then he gave me a wave when he peeled off up a slip road. No idea who he was - just another bloke on a bike who shared a few miles.

I get my adrenalin sailing boats these days. You can be as much of a hooligan as you want and there are no speed cameras on the water.

I like adrenalin. I wouldn't sky dive or bungee jump as my fear of heights would paralyze me but I have flown an aircraft (and love flying), I ski, play ice hockey and go kart. Have also driven a single seater car and want to try a rally car at some point.

Also looking at airsoft as I enjoy paintball but the price of paintball and the people there can be off putting.

I probably get a bigger adrenaline kick from being at a circuit watching the BSB or motogp than actually riding currently just because the noise is that great.

I'm happy to admit that I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I grew up skateboarding, riding BMX and that migrating into mountain biking. I've always enjoyed anything that gets the blood pumping a bit. Go karting, bungee jumps, drifting, rallying, track days etc...but funnily I do kind of meander along on a bike, admittedly I'm new to it so I'm not 100% confident and at some point I'm probably gonna do something daft, but at the same time I think if I do it'll be on a circuit where the traffic flows one way.

I have got a family now with 2 kids that I'll happily admit I'll do anything for. I'm in no rush to bury myself 6 feet under and visit everyone's favourite imaginary friend.