Bloody idiot!

Bhawk

Coming home from shopping today, coming down a road, the right hand side full of parked cars but my lane is clear of any obstructions.

A car coming the other way decides he doesnt want to wait for me to get through and tries to force his way onto my side of the road.

I moved over as much as possible to the point my tyres were scraping the curb, and within a second of seeing him, his mirror smashed my mirror.

When he came over i pointed out i had right of way, which he claims i didnt even though its pretty basic highway code, he came into my lane despite me being there, therefore he had no right of way.

Luckily my mirror glass pushed back in but its still broken.

Just got home and decided to check askmid to double check he was insured. His writing was barely legible but i tried what he had wrote as his license plate, and variations of it in case i was misreading it. All cases came back as not insured.

Now if hes not insured im pretty sure i can replace my mirror glass for under a tenner. So im debating on not contacting my insurance unless he does first.

I do find it weird that he would give me his address and his license plate number if he was uninsured though.

What would peoples advice on this be?