Anyone know Blackpool?

onesea

As a Northerner moved south it is time my daughter saw Blackpool illuminations she is 10, there will be 3 of us.

Hopefully arriving Sunday lunch time ish leaving Tuesday Evening - no motorbike involved :/

I have not been to Blackpool for 10 years, recommendations appreciated:

B&B's for 2 nights family room, En suite - near the tram if not town center.

Must sees? Madame Tussauds? The Tower, the tram ride? Maybe not Pleasure beach daughter does not like rides.

I am guessing some one on here can recommend?

As a Northerner moved south it is time my daughter saw Blackpool illuminations she is 10, there will be 3 of us.

Hopefully arriving Sunday lunch time ish leaving Tuesday Evening - no motorbike involved :/

Must sees? Madame Tussauds? The Tower, the tram ride? Maybe not Pleasure beach daughter does not like rides.

To be honest.

All I recommend as a northerner still on the north

Is don't go. It is believe it or not getting worse.

To be honest.

I can believe it when you look at house prices, then I believe children should experience all sorts. Sadly she was not with us last weekend when we where in Plymouth both me and my misses had never seen so many drug deals going on, the smell of dope on street corners, to go with it...

Plan is stay 1 or 2 nights, for the illuminations if nothing else...

To be honest.

This was my first thought, however your daughter will probably love it. As a kid you see the lights, arcades, candy floss & donut stands and the pleasure beach and there's something magic about it.

When you're an adult and go back you see what a shit-hole it really is and the type of people who are out and about there. I think kids see past that and it's probably always been the same.

Edited by Westbeef

To be honest.

I can believe it when you look at house prices, then I believe children should experience all sorts. Sadly she was not with us last weekend when we where in Plymouth both me and my misses had never seen so many drug deals going on, the smell of dope on street corners, to go with it...

Plan is stay 1 or 2 nights, for the illuminations if nothing else...

We did the same a few year back so they could experiance it :lol:

Have you checked the prices at the grand?

My mam n dad still go to Blackpool n stay there. You can get decent deals.

To be honest.

I went for the first time, to the Rebellion festival, a couple of years back - my overwhelming impression was "I never want to come back to Blackpool ever again".

I hate Irthlingborough, Mansfield and Thurrock. I think Grays and Rotherham should be bombed and concreted over. But I'd rather go live in all of them for an eternity than pop to Blackpool for a long weekend. Dover is positively gorgeous in comparison, Luton and Hull are centres of tear-inducing beauty - Blackpool is the reason cancer, Aids and internet trolls exist.

In short, not a fan.

For all the negativity, we've booked a seafront accommodation slap bang between the piers if they are still standing after tomorrows battering :D

Will confirm ater but it may well be once is to often, but never is not often enough.

Thanks for the tip RE Guys might look in on way home.

Well we went and my review accommodation was good. Food was affordable. Yes it's cheesy trying not to be run down and everything you imagine.

It's also everything a 10 year old imagines a seaside resort should be because it is...

I challenge you not to take a child a generous budget forget any idea of diet and not enjoy.... if you cannot your probably the miserable git...

Last night last arcade we ended up playing bingo. I won twice and left my daughter to decide, she chose for me a motorbike....

20171023_215859.thumb.jpg.6be8e1aec24d525800a453af72908bd0.jpg

Glad you're having a good time...... 8-)

I guess it's all about expectations. .....If you spend £50 a night on accommodation and expect the Ritz, you're gonna be disappointed. .....but if you have realistic expectations, then there's no reason why it shouldn't be good..... 8-)