Speed ticket advices

Guest Laura-dg

Hi, I have a question about riding a bike without a licence.

My brother just got a ticket for speeding.

The main issue is since he does not have a licence, only provisional licence it is a big offence.

He has been going through a main depression and I know his bike means a lot to him. He keeps saying he will kill himself if they ban him for getting the licence in a future.

Does anyone know what kind of fine are we talking about here?

I know he should have never gotten onto it without a licence but I am trying to be supportive now.

I think the first would be to try get your brother to speak to someone (a professional), if he doesn't already. losing your bike is a horrible thought but to talk about suicide really isn't good he may need help with his depression.

As for the punishment I have no idea, no licence generally means no insurance which also adds to the punishment. It depends how fast he was going, what the limit was. Out of interest what bike does he have? He is allowed to ride a 125 with L plates and a CBT on a provisional, but I'm assuming he wasn't doing that?

I think the first would be to try get your brother to speak to someone (a professional), if he doesn't already. losing your bike is a horrible thought but to talk about suicide really isn't good he may need help with his depression.

The Saddest thing is that anyone who goes into a Psychiatric ward for even a night then loses their licence from the DVLA for 3 month

Something I think Does NOT help anyone seeking help,

Although in reality unless someone tells them they wont have a clue.

He needs to see someone about Medication, If he isnt seeing a Shrink now then he needs to start by telling his DR how he feels

He need not worry about being sectioned if he does ...they wont lock him up unless he's running down the road with a Samuria sword

I Wish Him Luck

Hi, I have a question about riding a bike without a licence.

My brother just got a ticket for speeding.

The main issue is since he does not have a licence, only provisional licence it is a big offence.

He has been going through a main depression and I know his bike means a lot to him. He keeps saying he will kill himself if they ban him for getting the licence in a future.

Does anyone know what kind of fine are we talking about here?

I know he should have never gotten onto it without a licence but I am trying to be supportive now.

You say he has no licence, but then you say he only has a provisional, so if he holds a provisional I assume he does hold a licence then?

If he holds a provisional, what bike as he riding? That has a bearing on any potential other offences.

Penalty in terms of the speed offence of dependant on many factors. How far over the speed limit was he, was it in a 30, 40 speed limit or a higher limit?

Was he caught by a camera, following check, speed gun?

Was he stopped at the time of the alleged offence or did he receive an NIP through the post at a later date?

What area was he caught in? Different Police forces and different courts have different policies around the country

To be able to provide a definitive answer (even for the likes of Pepiplop) more information is needed.

I can give you an overview, but it would not be appropriate without knowing more detail as there are so many variables.

I'll say I was riding it for £600' :thumb:

Perverting the course of justice can get you a long time in the pokie. :?

There we are then, Six will take a bit of pokie for 600 notes.

Sounds good value.

Imagine a pretty boy like me in the slammer, all the shirt lifters would be thinking ... oh look what the Lord has sent us .

Sounds good value.

I'm not a pervet though :(

Sounds good value.

No but you're a liar :D

Sounds good value.

Is a pervet someone who touches animals in a sexual way whilst treating them for medical conditions?