Cyclists are idiots.

Joeman

No secret that I think cyclists are idiots even though I myself use a pushbike to get to the train station in the morning.

I'm constantly getting into Twitter fights with cyclists who think all other vehicles should be banned and the roads be converted to cyclepaths...

But working in London I've seen my fair share of cyclists riding like idiots and "cyclist only" accidents on their new fancy cycle superhighway!

So in a way I do wish they would get their own infrastructure so that when the accidents continue to happen and they can no longer blame cars/trucks for their inability to ride, I want to see what bullsh1t they come out with next...

Here's a great example of cyclists being idiots.

http://youtu.be/5RH5HBq5hOg

I think statistically motorcyclist are more at risk, but you don't see us lot bleating about needing to have our own infrastructure do you.

100% of cycling accidents could be avoided simply by not getting on the bike in the first place!

I think statistically motorcyclist are more at risk

The odds of being injured in an accident are pretty similar. But the odd of being killed in an accident are much more if you're on a motorbike than on a bicycle. I guess that's because a greater proportion of cycle accidents are at low speeds.

zlGlmJE.png

I don't mind cyclists crashing into each other, it's the pedestrians I feel for, we had a walk along a shared path a month back and the amount of bikes going around one blind corner doing at least 20mph was beyond ridiculous

Edited by Bender

the self entitled knobheads.

One thing I don't understand about the Lycra brigade is their inability to realise they are the most vulnerable road user.

Yes they may even be entitled to ride three abreast down a country lane but they are putting themselves in harms way and will be just as raspberried or deaded, whether in the right or not :)

Check this post out from elsewhere on the forum:

"Lunatic biker- we all get a bad name" - https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65378

There are idiots/lunatics using all modes of transport, and there are also those who drive/ride sensibly. An idiot is an idiot....is an idiot.

In that video, the cyclist that crashed committed a cardinal sin of letting their front wheel overlap the rider in front. You should either overtake, with plenty of room, or stay behind. The overlap was too close, I think they clipped the other rider who then wobbled and it went nasty.

But I'm sure I've seen equally stupid motorcyclists.

Round our way there is massive disruption whilst they put cycling infrastructure in everywhere, despite brand new extra wide cycle paths you still have to deal with endless idiots on the pavement or in the road with no lights, not to mention the usual traffic lights mean nothing to them. If you say something they look at you like you're mental. The council have also taken the genius decision that people getting on and off buses have to do from a cycle lane. Already seen a few near misses so not long before someone gets clobbered.

Yes there are nobhead son all forms of transport but cycling has a much greater percentage in my experience and they couple their ignorance range with an immense sense of entitlement, which is being reinforced by them being given Right of way over everyone else round here.

couple their ignorance range with an immense sense of entitlement, which is being reinforced by them being given Right of way over everyone else round here.

so much this. They constantly get hit by stuff turning left because they've filtered down the inside of traffic and then try and blame the other road users. Yes it's sad for their families when they get squished by trucks but common sense should tell you to give anything that big all the room.

Also I offer the court exhibit a

But yes there are w**kers on 2 and 4 wheels too. Basically the problem is people are idiots

I've been battered by the cycling brigade on twitter all night!

Suggestions that they might benefit form some cycling specific training seems akin to suggesting Americans should surrender their guns!

It's like the cycling brigade see it as their constitutional right to ride on the roads with no training and any suggestions that training might save lives results in personal abuse... Just as we see on the roads from the angry sweaty cyclists..

Anyone else on twitter want to come and join the fun??

Ah annoy me so much. Had a group of 9-12 ruin my ride round some twisties a couple of weeks back.

Sat in rows of 3 chatting away so the car in front can't past, round the tightest section of the road so I couldn't pass either. I gave a good rev to try get them to file in and the bast*rds looked back and just carried on.

I stopped riding a pedal bike cos they wanted me to only use the roads in London, no foot paths.

I like my life thanks! :shock: Least on a motorbike I'm covered in protective kit if someone side swipes me.

Also wasn't there basic training all road using cyclists had to do? :|

As a committed cyclist - I agree - there are cyclists who make me ashamed to get on my bike.

But when you think about it it's rarely the commuter on a budget bike who causes the problem. Usually it's the one on the expensive bike with all the kit who thinks they're better than everyone else.

Which is not totally dissimilar to how some people drive when they've got an expensive car. So whether it's a bike or a car - I guess the problem is attitude.

I've been battered by the cycling brigade on twitter all night!

Suggestions that they might benefit form some cycling specific training seems akin to suggesting Americans should surrender their guns!

It's like the cycling brigade see it as their constitutional right to ride on the roads with no training and any suggestions that training might save lives results in personal abuse... Just as we see on the roads from the angry sweaty cyclists..

Anyone else on twitter want to come and join the fun??

I would but I'm banned :cry:

Thanks guys, that is the best laugh I have had for a long time. :evil: I have lost count of the amount of Lemmings I encounter going to work early morning who must think they glow in the dark! :roll: I often wonder if they are just too poor to buy a set of lights or the amount of wheels on their bikes exceeds there brain cells! :roll:

It's anybody, in or on any vehicle, who believes they have the right to ride as fast as they want, in the fashion they want. All because people seem to have the patience of, well, something that doesn't have a lot of patience - nobody seems to be able to abide slowing down for a bit anymore.

So they crash and I laugh.

And then I think about the person they crashed into, who in all probability was a lovely person like me (full of the joys of Spring and generally an all round really nice person to everyone). Then I hate them because this is like an attack on me - on all of the mes out there.

bast*rds. Kill them all. Kill kill kill stab kill.

Twitter is funny. I just had one angry cyclist trying to say that 98% of cycling accidents were the fault of car drivers. So I provided the 2017 ROSPA stats that shows only 57% were deemed to be the fault of other road users (43% the fault of the cyclists)... He promptly blocked me from viewing his inaccurate and totally false tweets.

Not only are they idiots, but they refuse to listen to the truth and continue to spread false information!

I remember doing cycling profiency at primary school.

I see a lot of lycra clad twats who need to do that. And read a highway code to understand a red light means stop.

I will teach my kids to ride a bike but if they ride like an idiot I'll get stabilisers welded on their bike.

Loved cycling brolly man. I bet CBM cruises to work with a smile on his face and never gets into a single altercation.

I wonder what the coronary rate in London is? Everyone is always so damn angry.

Twitter is funny. I just had one angry cyclist trying to say that 98% of cycling accidents were the fault of car drivers. So I provided the 2017 ROSPA stats that shows only 57% were deemed to be the fault of other road users (43% the fault of the cyclists)... He promptly blocked me from viewing his inaccurate and totally false tweets.

Not only are they idiots, but they refuse to listen to the truth and continue to spread false information!

Not one of them replied to me :(