Challenge 2018

Grumpy Old Git

Well, as the title would suggest, I am again putting together (well it is actually complete 8-) ) next year's challenge 100. 100 places (plus 10 Pubs) for you to visit during 2018.

This coming year, the ten 'sections' are more closely grouped with no 'extremities' so that you riders, who don't like the longer journeys, should be able to pick a group local to where you live and complete it in a weekend.

The Pubs will be (again) common names (in England - Sorry Throttled) and should be easy to 'sweep up' during your ride outs - BUT, this time I've selected a group of alternatives (you get to choose one of the two listed) which will allow me to add more Pubs that can be found in foreign (Scotland / Wales) climes. (that should help cheer up our Scottish and Welsh friends).

The List will go out (including the 2018 map) on the 1st January (actually - probably on the evening of the 31st December) but you will need you 'Tag Number' before then in order to 'claim' tags. To facilitate this, the Registration list will become 'live' in a couple of weeks time.

As always, I would welcome feedback and suggestions for 2019 (I am currently working on going back to 'Biker Cafes / Meets' as Tags).

All the very best to you all over the Christmas period - Stay safe.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks [mention]Grumpy Old Git[/mention] looking forward to this. Did not manage to get in as many long rides this year. will try more for the next one. :cheers:

Ian (et al), There will be a list of ten pubs but each pub will have an alternative that you could tag instead so, If 'The Pidgeon Fondler' was on the list, then the alternative (listed along side it) might be 'The Stokers Tool'.

However, please rest assured that the Pubs will actually exist!

:cheers:

Biker meet suggestions

The Bean and Leaf, 6 The Promenade, Gallowgate St, Largs KA30 8BG, which is next to the biker parking at the seafront.

Three Villages and Pit Stop Diner, The Pier, Arrochar G83 7AB

Ian (et al), There will be a list of ten pubs but each pub will have an alternative that you could tag instead so, If 'The Pidgeon Fondler' was on the list, then the alternative (listed along side it) might be 'The Stokers Tool'.

However, please rest assured that the Pubs will actually exist!

The alternative to the George and Dragon will be the Tartan Arms? Is that what you mean?

Looking forward to next years tags, this year was not the greatest for me ended up passing Tags without the time or inclination to do them.

Let hope for a better 2018.

As for tags for next year, a little map I maintain they are not all biker stops and the Map does get modified just a nice places..

RED not visited by me, by me but recommended too me. GREEN good. Bunks accommodation, motorbikes roads, mountains passes and so it goes on.

Amber ok or issues. Grey there are issues. Storm clouds, Radioactive symbols, black dots, places I might avoid.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1MrV3qAatZ8j5whwtkmFrASENce8&ll=52.13578339417017%2C-2.724212898437486&z=7

Or there is Ice Cream :D

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1WVfAwSTeg_7SIwVP_h7SR3zXoPI&ll=53.438650560238116%2C2.5956145499999366&z=6

This coming year, the ten 'sections' are more closely grouped with no 'extremities' so that you riders, who don't like the longer journeys, should be able to pick a group local to where you live and complete it in a weekend.

What? I've already booked my holiday on the north coast of Scotland next year, especially so that I can complete that group. Are you saying that there won't be a group for the far North?

Hi, [mention]Grumpy Old Git[/mention] looking forward to next year, sadly this year with the death of mum and uncle, not managed to get out much, but this year was my first on this forum and I thought the spacing between Tags was fine.

Gives you some think to aim for? The only thing I don't like to much, is going into large towns, I prefer the country A & B roads, where you can enjoy the riding. But yes will do more tags next year, so's how bad a year we had, only got a Bronze in this years RBRrally :( Worse for 10 years.

But keep up the good work, [mention]Grumpy Old Git[/mention]

What? I've already booked my holiday on the north coast of Scotland next year, especially so that I can complete that group. Are you saying that there won't be a group for the far North?

None that you will need to book a ferry to get to!

:booty:

Hi, @Grumpy Old Git looking forward to next year, sadly this year with the death of mum and uncle, not managed to get out much, but this year was my first on this forum and I thought the spacing between Tags was fine.

Gives you some think to aim for? The only thing I don't like to much, is going into large towns, I prefer the country A & B roads, where you can enjoy the riding. But yes will do more tags next year, so's how bad a year we had, only got a Bronze in this years RBRrally :( Worse for 10 years.

But keep up the good work, @Grumpy Old Git

You will still need to plan longer runs if you want to get all the tags - The rational is, once you have travelled the 200+ miles to get there, then you should be able to 'pick up' the group tags over a couple of days touring before the 200+ mile return.

Anyhoo, if the feedback is generally negative, then 2019 will be back to being well spread out again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...