Liquid gap filler??

Joeman

Does anyone know of a good liquid gap filler?

Just discovered that there is a small gap under my double glazing in the bedroom bay window that's letting a draft in. The UPVC window cases sit in a kind of track and due to being an old house I think theres been a slight movement and now theres a gap between the bottom of the window casing and the track its supposed to sit in.

My idea is to flow some kind of liquid filler into the track to take up the gap...

I thought about using thinned down PVA but wondered if there was something better available??

A really liquid silicone sealant would be ideal.. does it exist??

I'm not sure if I've understood the issue right, I've used builder silicone to fill these gaps before now round my PVC windows. Has to be builders though as it wont break when there is a slight movement. I've only done that between plaster and the frames though.

Thanks guys, the gap is very small, just a few mm, so can't get foam in there and would struggle to squirt silicone in there too. Hoping to find a liquid that would flow into the gap sealing it right the way through, not just the exposed gap.

See the separation between the window case and the track its supposed to sit in.. it's tiny.

SmartSelectImage_2017-12-08-11-20-53.thumb.png.d1b41ffcdc1fd864163816ce24f66fad.png

We have the same problem with a bay window! can't even see a gap more a crack

but can feel a draught. I squirt silicone in every so often.

Yes, it's just a very slight draft in the bay. It's annoying so I was hoping to fill the track with some sort of liquid that would find all the gaps and fill them up and then set.

Low viscosity, now we're talking! Sounds like it would flow nicely under the window case and seal it up properly all the way under.

Just be sure what ever your going to use you heat up the fluid before you start to use it, any liquid or sealant will become more viscus the colder it gets and thus restrict it ability to flow.

You guy's riding through winter and this cold snap spare a thought, that the same go's for engine oil give yourselves a bit of time

Errr...are you talking about the gap between the leaf(the bit that opens) and the frame OR a gap between the frame and brickwork?

If the former, then if you inject anything it will just glue the window shut. It sounds as if the seals have gone. You need a window person to have a look at it.

If the latter, then no sweat - foam or filler/mastic from a skeleton gun will do the trick.

Errr...are you talking about the gap between the leaf(the bit that opens) and the frame OR a gap between the frame and brickwork?

If the former, then if you inject anything it will just glue the window shut. It sounds as if the seals have gone. You need a window person to have a look at it.

If the latter, then no sweat - foam or filler/mastic from a skeleton gun will do the trick.

Neither.

It's a gap between the window case and the sill. Gap is too small to get foam in there hence the reason for asking if there is a liquid alternative that will flow into the gap and preferably set white or clear not foam-yellow.