Cold day

manxie49

My old Clio on normal all weather tyres could eat that hill for breakfast…

That's a dusting of snow. Annoyingly we are just getting short flurries up here. Nothing major settling yet :(

My Audi on snow tyres would have eaten that hill for breakfast... I'd just cruise past them all like a typical Audi driver lol.

From the posh cars I've ever seen in snow, you cruising about is not typical at all!

I Adore seeing Chelsea tractors spinning their wheels and sliding sideways down hills :mrgreen:

Fair play not taking the bike out in that snow manx, look after yourself.

My Audi on snow tyres would have eaten that hill for breakfast... I'd just cruise past them all like a typical Audi driver lol.

From the posh cars I've ever seen in snow, you cruising about is not typical at all!

I Adore seeing Chelsea tractors spinning their wheels and sliding sideways down hills :mrgreen:

Fair play not taking the bike out in that snow manx, look after yourself.

Thanks, off to the Lake District on tonights boat, taking the wifes car though, would dearly love to go on the bike but I just know I'd end up getting stuck or worse .....

I wonder why the people towards the front of the photo didn’t drive up the hill, fwd cars arnt that bad in the snow!.

Don’t blame you for leaving the bike at home I’d have done the same!.

People just don't know how to drive in snow, bit of white stuff and everything grinds to a halt, was in Finland a few years ago, heavy snow falls were just another day at the office for them.

I wonder why the people towards the front of the photo didn’t drive up the hill, fwd cars arnt that bad in the snow!.

Don’t blame you for leaving the bike at home I’d have done the same!.

People just don't know how to drive in snow, bit of white stuff and everything grinds to a halt, was in Finland a few years ago, heavy snow falls were just another day at the office for them.

Yeah it is quite comical, the main thing is people don’t bother with winter tyres, last time it snowed down here I remember seeing a load of BMWs and Mercs all dumped at the base of a hill not even as steep as that one, RWD and low profile summer tyres are not what you need!, the same goes for people who buy a 4x4 with 22 inch low profile tyres on and wonder why there having trouble, or who find out the hard way that yes 4 wheel drive will get you moving in the snow but remember to go a lot slower as it’s not going to help you brake!.

I've seen them all today: the truck driving morons who are one slide from a carnage scenario, the "I can't be late" drivers who didn't set off early enough to drive without a death wish, and the lemming pedestrians who have no comprehension that the stopping distance of a car on ice is akin to Bambi being fired at them from a cannon. I absolutely hate people on days like today, they are all totally f******g hopeless.

My misses tried to get to work Sunday and having driven passed 2 bumps (at least one involved a car that had overtaken her) she tried a different route called work and gave up. This is in Oxfordshire / Derbyshire she has 35 mile commute.

On the way back home she had to cross a single lane traffic light controlled railway bridge, she was chatting on the phone to me as she approached. She stopped 50m short of the lights waiting for the amber, a certain brand car (so as not embarrass anyone) a BMW and a Merc Van all over took her as she had "stopped" others joined them.

All tried to get up the hill all failed, she had to back up a bit to give them all space to slide into. Several stopped on the way back to tell her after they had tried and the road was sheet ice it was impassible in anything but a good 4x4 (one of them was a poncy 4x4). As the last of them cleared the road the light went amber, she went for it, not fast just steady high gear keep traction.

She was home 10 minutes later, leaving them setting off on 30 minute detour that really was sheet ice (it was part of her alternative route).

I would of loved to see the faces as she vanished over the bridge :D