Moped acid attacker admits six counts

Bender

Another scum bag, he deserves to rot in jail

A Chinese jail Mate not the bloody holiday camps our do gooder's offer as a deterrent. Our prisons now offer better terms and conditions than most old folks homes.

A Chinese jail Mate not the bloody holiday camps our do gooder's offer as a deterrent. Our prisons now offer better terms and conditions than most old folks homes.

That is just not true. Our prisons are mostly crap places that help to re-inforce criminal behaviour as it is dog eat dog inside.

Ironically, if you do want less reoffending, you want the Scandinavian model of prisoners treated well, give jobs and training, the vote and the oncentive to become a productive member of society. If you want more, treat them like a "Chinese jail".

If someone treats you like scum, brutalises you and removes self control and dignity, would you bow down and accept that you are filth? Or would you fight back?

If someone treats you like scum, brutalises you and removes self control and dignity, would you bow down and accept that you are filth? Or would you fight back?

You become Batman.

You become Batman.

Batman was sticking rich and had a butler. His motives were all good.

That is just not true. Our prisons are mostly crap places that help to re-inforce criminal behaviour as it is dog eat dog inside.

Ironically, if you do want less reoffending, you want the Scandinavian model of prisoners treated well, give jobs and training, the vote and the oncentive to become a productive member of society. If you want more, treat them like a "Chinese jail".

Respect is earn't not given, if you think that in fighting back and throwing acid at innocent people going to win you respect. Well seriously!!

Respect is earn't not given, if you think that in fighting back and throwing acid at innocent people going to win you respect. Well seriously!!

I don't think that. The boy is a thug, but continue to treat him like a thug and will forever be a thug. The most likely way to turn his life around and make it more productive is to teach him respect, for himself and others.

Saved me the trouble of writing it , bang on mate . I don't care what jail they throw the c**t in as long as they throw away the key.

make him work as a cleaner on a burns unit.

let him see the blood and suffering that people go through, break him psychologically so that he can no longer live with his guilt and see if he takes the easy way out..

make him work as a cleaner on a burns unit.

let him see the blood and suffering that people go through, break him psychologically so that he can no longer live with his guilt and see if he takes the easy way out..

I would certainly like to see his rehabilitation include meeting burns victims. If he shows remorse, his rehabilitation is progressing. If he clams up and refuses to accept what he did was wrong, he stays in prison for longer.

I was brought up under the assumption that, if you stuck your hands in the fire your going to get burn't, and the same go's for law and order, "so said my Dad god bless him". We all knew to never bring the police to the house, my Dad ruled with an iron fist and a massive warm heart, you made your choice. On that note, l nor any member of my family has ever been in serious trouble with the law. I was brought up on a mining estate as a family of 6, bloody hard, lean times, and l've also worked in the Prison service and seen the pampering that go's on. Inmates are pacified not corrected during there term inside, the system is all wrong.

Thousands of people have lost there job's due to industry's being shut down and then being set up again abroad. Those job's would of kep't the kids off the streets and enable them to work and prosper. For me the only industry that should have been exported is the prison service, l say industry now because the government has part privatised it, and profits are being made on the backs of wrong doer's, again all wrong.

Youngsters are thick nowadays, chucking acid ... we swallowed in in tab form , had some wicked nights :D

Or in blotting paper...... or was that a flashback? ..... :wink:

Don't know but they all had trunks and massive glasses on and was floating round the pub on bar stools :D

Confused now, if prisons are such crap places to be why are they so overcrowded? The thought of going to prison should act as a deterrent, I don't always believe in the old adage "an eye for an eye", but I would let the people he threw acid over, who will have to live with not just the psychological and emotional scars for the rest of their lives, but also the physical ones, decide on what his punishment should be, now that would be justice.

Confused now, if prisons are such crap places to be why are they so overcrowded? The thought of going to prison should act as a deterrent, I don't always believe in the old adage "an eye for an eye", but I would let the people he threw acid over, who will have to live with not just the psychological and emotional scars for the rest of their lives, but also the physical ones, decide on what his punishment should be, now that would be justice.

One of the reasons they are so crap is because they are so over crowded. They are overcrowded because the public and government demands more poeple are locked up, but refuse to fund the necessary spending.

My solution for a crime such as acid attacks, is that since the victim has to live with the scars for life, the punishment should be for life. That does not mean a life behind bars. It can mean a life time of doing community service, or wearing tag or an annual compensation payment. I would have life time fines, meaning a punishment could be a fine of £500, which has to be paid every year for the rest of a persons life. There are lots of options for very effective punishments that could keep peopel out of prison, whilst making sure they and others are deterred from committing crime.

I would do that for lots of crimes. Many motoring offences should attract life time bans, such as fleeing the police, a third drink driving offence, a third driving whilst disqualified. I think that fraudsters who rip people off should face a possible life of having any income they get is reduced till ALL the money is paid back.