Insurance... And being (nearly!) 30....

Igloo

So, I was forever told as I've been getting older, That it's OK as the price of things will go down for you... Well, by Christ, insurance sure isn't one of them. Another £100 increase over last year and i've spent all day today searching around for quotes.

£394 for f/c on my '16 R1200 GSA.

Also, Thought i'd check the car whilst i'm at it. That's gone up a not insignificant £400 too (I did get a dirt cheap deal last year, Renewing was around £250 cheaper than any comparison site).

No wonder so many people risk it! :x

I found exactly the same this year, apparently turning 30 and having 9 (nine!) years no claims still doesn't mean cheap insurance. Cheeky buggers. People tell me £300 is cheap for so many bikes, but they're all hacks..

I've just paid around £150 for the GS (garaged) this year, which includes 8 years NCB. About half the price of the renewal quote from BikeSure.

My memory is that insurance starts to come down once you turn 30... although tbh I was over 40 before it ever seemed like getting old was paying off. A little time yet to wait, young whippersnapper. :wink:

I'm picking up my new bike a week on Saturday and currently can't even get quoted, got quotes on an R1 M and RSV4 RF (similar value) for under £800 Fully Comp, my lunch break tomorrow is looking like it's going to consist of ringing a few different companies going through the same tedious questions over and over, being 35 doesn't make it any better :evil: .

I'm picking up my new bike a week on Saturday and currently can't even get quoted, got quotes on an R1 M and RSV4 RF (similar value) for under £800 Fully Comp, my lunch break tomorrow is looking like it's going to consist of ringing a few different companies going through the same tedious questions over and over, being 35 doesn't make it any better :evil: .
Well, get a quote for a car with similar specs in a similar group - probably a bugatti veyron - and see if that's any cheaper. It's all relative ;-)

I'm dreading my renewal.

I insured my Sprint 955i last April for around £250. I had to have my ZZR600 policy cut short, because the insurer wouldn't cover me on such a huge beast of an engine as the 955i :roll: , with it's extra whopping 20hp.

I'll find out what my renewal cost will be in the next month, or so. With all the spate of thefts in the area, I'm guessing that it'll be the equivalent of a mortgage.

One guy had three quotes on CompareTheMarket. The rest wouldn't cover him, this year. The cheapest was £450, all the way up to £4k

One guy had three quotes on CompareTheMarket. The rest wouldn't cover him, this year. The cheapest was £450, all the way up to £4k

These always make me laugh, my car is quite high insurance group but with age, where I live and NCB I pay about £400 a year which I think is ok, yet when looking at comparison sites I still get quotes of £5000+ from some insurance companies!

Well, get a quote for a car with similar specs in a similar group - probably a bugatti veyron - and see if that's any cheaper. It's all relative ;-)

It’s not really the same thing though, an R1M is as highly grouped and worth as much but is fine to insure, its a really weird situation, spoken to a couple of places today and hopefully in hand, I don’t actually want to have to settle for an R1M!.

It’s not really the same thing though, an R1M is as highly grouped and worth as much but is fine to insure, its a really weird situation, spoken to a couple of places today and hopefully in hand, I don’t actually want to have to settle for an R1M!.

Oh God No, imagine having to settle for just an R1M :roll: :lol:

I’ve had R1s before, as much as the R1M is an amazing bike, as weird as it sounds, it doesn’t do a lot for me.

It’s thankfully a moot point now though, insurance sorted :D , now I’ve just got to wait 10 more days.

So, I was forever told as I've been getting older, That it's OK as the price of things will go down for you... Well, by Christ, insurance sure isn't one of them. Another £100 increase over last year and i've spent all day today searching around for quotes.

£394 for f/c on my '16 R1200 GSA.

Also, Thought i'd check the car whilst i'm at it. That's gone up a not insignificant £400 too (I did get a dirt cheap deal last year, Renewing was around £250 cheaper than any comparison site).

No wonder so many people risk it! :x

Well I was a tad curious so got myself a quote for your bike, well same details, £330 fc 160 tpft, that was with hastings through confused, riding other bikes, Europe cover pillion, but no breakdown cover.

Dont live in a particularly good area, no idea if any of that was remotely helpful i was bored :D

Hastings are often insanely cheap. My mt10 1 years ncb, just passed my DAS, was £350 with Hastings though comparethemarket fc. Next cheapest was mce at £1200. However, my new bike numberplate wasn't recognised in the system so I had to call Hastings to get a policy assigned to that bike. I tried twice with different departments and after an hour of not getting to speak to anyone I went with mce. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

I’ve had R1s before, as much as the R1M is an amazing bike, as weird as it sounds, it doesn’t do a lot for me.

It’s thankfully a moot point now though, insurance sorted :D , now I’ve just got to wait 10 more days.

I'm just jealous really :)

congrats, going to be a long 10 days!

I'm just jealous really :)

congrats, going to be a long 10 days!

9 Days, and counting!, the worst bit is that it’s probably arrived in the dealership now, they have to get it ready and said it would have been ready early-mid next week but I couldn’t get the time off work :( .