Pay Pal and supposed Dual Sim Smart Phones !

MGRYDER

Hi All.

I was on the boat, using the computer and going through Paypal, to pay a person i have paid before, several times.

It all went well, as usual.

Then I left the boat and went shopping.

Halfway to town, suddenly my Dual Sim supposedly Smart Phone came up with a message ....

It was from Pay Pal.

Wanting to know if I had made the transaction, and to press 1 for yes, and 2 for no !

That has ..never... ever... happened to me before !

Well, its supposed to be a Dual Sim smart Phone........

So , I figured that, if the phone, while in the Canaries, had received a message through the English Sim number, since its supposed to be a Smart Phone, It should answer the same way !!

No, the Smart Phone stayed with the Spanish Sim, so when I pressed 1, to the Pay Pal txt , it came back as " unable to verify my identity.".

Right, so, I immediately, for my Age, went into the menu for the so called Smart Phone, and used the Sim Manager to swop back to the UK Sim, brought up the Pay Pal message, and pressed 1.

Unable to verify my identity ! Again

So now Paypal UK, has blocked my account.

I had to send a photo of my passport, and a bank statement, as proof of adress.

Well sorry, but if I open my bank account, the only way to show my adress, is by opening the page containing contact details, since I opted out of paper statements and the normal account pages do not show my adress

Despite the top of the page being in green with bank name and secure access, the UK help Center, Strangely enough , located in Dublin ??? ( Ireland ) are saying , that is not proof of adress and we are closing your account until you send us proof of adress.

The whole of Pay Pal UK seems to revolve around people in Ireland, assuming you are at home, with access to all your details, as opposed to being caught unawares in the middle of the street..

As said, I have used Pay Pal for years, without any problems, but now my account is blocked and they dont get the fact that I am not in the UK, and paperless statements, seems not to have reached them yet.

If any of you are using a dual sim phone, you better add the other sim nr to your PayPal Account or you could get stuck !

Take Care Out There.

Having been painted into a corner , by PP and their lousy customer service, I turned to Google, and found loads of alternatives !

[urlhttps://www.searchenginejournal.com/top-12-alternatives-paypal/[/url]

Take Care Out There

The whole of Pay Pal UK seems to revolve around people in Ireland, assuming you are at home, with access to all your details, as opposed to being caught unawares in the middle of the street..

That's how a friends partner used to do it wait till he went to see try hack his account (enter wrong password 3? times) and voila no more Paypal purchases until he was back home :thumb: