Real inspiration

Via

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6394979076301471744

Not sure if you'll be able to see that without linked in so will duplicate explanation here...

Small video of someone in full leathers on sports bike (yeah sorry not able to identify I'm sure someone else can) being held up as they set off to then just wobble and fall straight off.

Flicking past yesterday and just thought it was a comedy video of someone messing up, today I actually bothered to read the story behind it...

The rider is Claire Lomas and has no sensation from chest down, the video was from one of her early attempts a couple of years ago and is now attempting this summer to do a full lap of the isle of man TT circuit. She's said her knees have to be velcroed to the bike and toes clipped to shifter to stop slipping off (bike is not modified, normal manual bike). To stop she has to ride towards someone who will then catch her as she stops.

Will dig a bit more into it but just from that post wanted to share!

Plus a big :up: to all those that struggled with gears and clutch control with the ability to feel them (me included!)