And in other news...

MarkW

Top marks to my wife on her rally driving day at Tong this afternoon: she absolutely spanked all the blokes there and even lapped some of them! The instructor was convinced she drove a high performance car of some kind and/or drove for a living (paramedic was his guess) and was gobsmacked when she told him she drives a diesel XC90 and has a desk job. Nice work Vic! :thumb:

Top marks to my wife on her rally driving day at Tong this afternoon: she absolutely spanked all the blokes there and even lapped some of them! The instructor was convinced she drove a high performance car of some kind and/or drove for a living (paramedic was his guess) and was gobsmacked when she told him she drives a diesel XC90 and has a desk job. Nice work Vic! :thumb:

Video or it never happened .

Your wife sounds fun. I bet she picks you up from the pub and everything.

'Pub' - ah yes - another one of those things from the years B.C. (Before Children).

My wife's ace. I was in a cafe in California a couple of years ago and got stuck talking to some drippy hippy woman who sat at my table. When she asked about my wife and how long I'd been married she said "Oh my! That's just so amazing! I hope that one day I find someone whose energy I connect with on that level. I guess she must have had a real powerful aura to draw you into her orbit and captivate you like that."

"I guess" I said. "But mainly I think it was her tits and arse."

She moved tables after that. I'm not really cut out for this New Age crap. :lol:

she must have thought you some sort of caveman

It's what happens to me after prolonged contact with Americans: the filter between my brain and my mouth (which is prone to catastrophic failure at the best of times) just can't cope any more.

On a trip to DC later the same year I got stuck with a woman who was determined to tell me at great length about her personal relationship with God. I had already exhausted my usual routine for getting rid of these people, but she was having none of it. When she told me she couldn't wait to turn 33 because that was how old Jesus was when he died and she wanted to see how much she managed to achieve by the same age I said "Well, even if you don't manage to walk on water or cure the lame you have at least found someone who'd be only too happy to nail you to a cross." Even that wasn't enough for her to take the hint, and she proceeded to entice me to join her church, where a world of idiotic bliss could be mine at the low price of the complete surrender of my critical faculties.

Sometimes, when the religious dingbats are closing in from every angle, the only thing left to do is jump in the Mustang, drop the roof, and drive like a bast*rd up the nearest freeway in search of enlightenment. I headed to the Udvar-Hazy Centre near Dulles Airport and spent the day looking at the space shuttle and various other technological marvels. This was doing wonders for my soul, right up until I got to the Enola Gay exhibit, where a gung-ho tour guide was describing the bombing of Hiroshima with rather too much bravado for my liking. The next day I came back to the UK, where slightly more sanity prevails.