Pass the gas mask

Bianco2564

We are dog sitting a friend's westie terrier for a couple of weeks.

Although I've no desire to own a dog ,I do quite enjoy the annual task of taking him for a walk and the greetings from him when i get home.

Just one thing though,we will be sitting down watching tv and all of a sudden there is this horrendous dog fart stench hitting our noses.

The little git doesn't even have the decency to emit any warning noises.

When does he go home???

IMG-20180811-WA0006_crop_360x360.thumb.jpg.8457710ea34da255f882ba3e73eb83e4.jpg

I think the clue is in the word "annual" used to refer the regime of taking him outside to perform his natural functions.

I know motorcycles are recommended to have an annual service regardless of mileage but I believe dogs are different. You may need to increase the service intervals.

Either that or look into what fuel you are putting into him. Poor quality fuel can cause problems with emissions.

in dogs wind is 99% of the time due to diet.. or the fact that dogs more often than not eat very quickly and this can lead them to swallow a lot of air. you can mitigate that by reducing the size of meals.

so for example all dogs are lactose intolerant.. so dairy products cause wind. as do some other food stuffs like soya and other beans plus other items that are often used as bulking agents in food. a change of diet can cause wind.. so if you were to run out of one food and switch to something different, this can cause wind.

I cured it in my dog by being strict with his diet. two smaller meals per day and ignoring that 'look' when Im eating... he gets nothing from me at all aside from his normal diet.

I think the clue is in the word "annual" used to refer the regime of taking him outside to perform his natural functions.

I know motorcycles are recommended to have an annual service regardless of mileage but I believe dogs are different. You may need to increase the service intervals.

Either that or look into what fuel you are putting into him. Poor quality fuel can cause problems with emissions.

Could be true, maybe he needs a new catalytic converter?

Wouldn't put it past his owners to sneak in some joke doggie fart biscuits into his food :mrgreen:

in dogs wind is 99% of the time due to diet.. or the fact that dogs more often than not eat very quickly and this can lead them to swallow a lot of air. you can mitigate that by reducing the size of meals.

so for example all dogs are lactose intolerant.. so dairy products cause wind. as do some other food stuffs like soya and other beans plus other items that are often used as bulking agents in food. a change of diet can cause wind.. so if you were to run out of one food and switch to something different, this can cause wind.

I cured it in my dog by being strict with his diet. two smaller meals per day and ignoring that 'look' when Im eating... he gets nothing from me at all aside from his normal diet.

He just eats dry biscuit things ,the dish is out all day and he eats when he wants.

We don't give him any of our food,I don't like dogs sniffing about my feet when I'm eating.

He is a bit greedy and wolf's down any treats we give him so maybe it is the air swallowing.

This is very interesting and funny:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence

"The noises commonly associated with flatulence ("blowing a raspberry") are caused by the vibration of anal sphincters, and occasionally by the closed buttocks."

:shock: :D

1269800329_wp_ss_20180819_0001(2).thumb.png.8f1f7068e954aa5a9862790b2181cdb6.png