ebay sign in

fastbob

I'm at my wits end here . I have an eBay account and until recently I just clicked the tile on my windows phone and I was in . But now I have to sign in EVERY time I want to view it . I've been on eBay chat since 8:30 this morning and despite following all their shit instructions I got nowhere. On the second occasion I waited patiently while they typed and then when I attempted to reply they timed me out and said have a good day . Does anyone have a clue what to do ? Is it worth trying to phone them . They did get as far as telling me that this happens to users of Microsoft Edge and internet explorer but because I took too long to reply they ended the chat , didn't even say "we haven't heard from you etc. " suggestions please. I'm not being xenophobic but do they have a British call centre?

Edited by fastbob

Use the native app

Hi , please explain further. Bear in mind I have a windows phone as my only device. Is native an expression or is it the title of an app?

Can you use the ebay app? I find it easier to use than the browser and the description text is bigger.

No , I can't get the app any more , not available on Windows .

Try a different browser, eg Firefox or Chrome.

Mike , that's what they were telling me but I actually don't know what this means . Bear in mind my only device is my windows phone.

Mike , that's what they were telling me but I actually don't know what this means . Bear in mind my only device is my windows phone.

Windows will default to their own browser, Explorer or Edge depending on your system. It's a while since I used a Windows phone but when I had one I just searched for Chrome and downloaded the app, then used that to access the internet. It solved a lot of problems.

Windows will default to their own browser, Explorer or Edge depending on your system. It's a while since I used a Windows phone but when I had one I just searched for Chrome and downloaded the app, then used that to access the internet. It solved a lot of problems.

Nah , no joy , Chrome isn't available for windows. I'm going to have to go back to android I guess but I really like windows.

Nah , no joy , Chrome isn't available for windows. I'm going to have to go back to android I guess but I really like windows.

I use Chrome on my windows PC at home and at work. Maybe the phone is more restricted. Time to get a decent phone, or rather one with a decent operating system.

I use Chrome on my windows PC at home and at work. Maybe the phone is more restricted. Time to get a decent phone, or rather one with a decent operating system.

You're right, I've just become so comfortable with this one.

The unpalatable truth is phones are not computers and ebay is designed for computers and computer browsers.

The browsers on phones are cut down versions of real browsers on real computers and even real browsers have issues and problems with websites.

Having said that you say it was working until recently, I would ask what changed was there an update applied to your phone. Updates patches and upgrades often break something when applied and this may be fixed in a later release. Updates can even reset basic settings and this could be the problem here. As to fixing it and achieving a real solution, I have my doubts this can be done.

Is it at all possible that you could get a real computer this would allow fault resolution and browser installation that could result in a quick fix.

Computer systems are massively complex and phones just don't cut it for internet browsing when it gets beyond the simple browsing of pages. For serious internet use a computer remains the system of choice.

I would add a reservation about what you are trying to do, an ebay account is a secure account that can be connected to your bank account and when you use it you can make purchases that you are liable for. I would question the wisdom of opening a secure financial account without the need for an account name and password. I would welcome the need to sign in before having access to an ebay account.

Do you really want to fix this and have an open and unsecured ebay account.

The real issue is that Windows Phone is a dying platform. I've lost count of the number of major app providers that have withdrawn support for Windows Phone, ebay included: there is no longer a native ebay app for you to download. WhatsApp discontinued support at the beginning of this year. Sheesh, even Microsoft have officially stopped supporting Windows Phone. No-one's going to put the poor platform out of its misery, though, it's just been left to a slow and lingering death.

Given this, you have three options: 1) Get an android phone and let google harvest your personal information 2) become an Apple Fan Boy or 3) wait a few months and then choose 1, 2 or 3.

I loved my Windows Phone. It was the best phone I've ever had. But I ditched it and went to Android earlier this year, and I'm not looking back.

I think even Bill Gates went to an android phone a couple of years ago. I had a Windows phone in the misguided notion it would link with my pc better. It never worked very well, whereas android does it with ease.

I use Chrome for most things and had it on my phone but I guess I was using a much older version as it seems the Windows phones won't do it now.

I had similar probs with eBay. I just jeep it !!remember.me !! So then it logs in every time I go on there .. also there call centre is in the Philippines. If you ask for a line manager you should get an English speaker not philipenglish

I had similar probs with eBay. I just jeep it !!remember.me !! So then it logs in every time I go on there .. also there call centre is in the Philippines. If you ask for a line manager you should get an English speaker not philipenglish

Does anybody understand this ^

:roll:

Does anybody understand this ^

:roll:

Yeah he ticks the box on first sign on and it keeps him signed in!

and their call centre is in the Philippines

it wasn't that hard :scratch:

Bob have you tried taking it apart , figuring out how it works , giving it a tap with a hammer or a dab of grease and putting it back together again ?

Brilliant ! 🔨😆