Parenting fail

MarkW

I REALLY NEED TO STOP HELPING MY KIDS WITH THEIR HOMEWORK AFTER I'VE HAD A FEW DRINKIES:

Daddy...

- Yes Jamie?

You know when I told you we were doing about Greek myths at school?

- Yes...

And remember when I asked you what the story was about the famous man who was looking for something golden?

- Yes...

Well it wasn't Harry James and his golden trumpet.

Some moons ago a teaching fail-

“Mummy”

“Yes”

“This is my foreskin”

“No sweetheart, that’s your forehead, unless your a dickhead and I don’t think that’s possible aged 3”

Saw his nursery teacher a couple of days later, when she stopped choking on her tea she was at a loss because that wasn’t even on the list of body parts she was teaching. Although I did also have to point out a webalow isn’t an elbow so perhaps she wasn’t the finest teacher in the world :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody teachers......no sense of humour..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

When he was doing a project on the Titanic a couple of years ago he asked me what the song was that the band played as it sank. His teacher wasn't very amused when he read 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' in his exercise book...

They did the titanic when my son was in junior school as well. Gave him a fear of the sea and he won’t go in boats now. Idiots.

My eldest did it last term. He kind of did the opposite. We went to Weymouth and he kept pointing at all the trawlers and said "what if that boat ends up sinking like the Titanic" several times as if it was a joke, to the point I turned into grumpy dad and reminded him that since over a thousand people died it was a bit tactless even if it did happen over a hundred years ago

For your son I don't think it would have been too dry if a lot of the lessons they were taught when doing the subject were focused on what changes were made as a result.

I remember being completely fascinated by the Titanic when I was at primary school, and then my eldest boy also got hooked as well when he did it. There's not much he doesn't know now about the Titanic, the Lusitania or the Bismarck!

When he was doing a project on the Titanic a couple of years ago he asked me what the song was that the band played as it sank. His teacher wasn't very amused when he read 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' in his exercise book...

Thought it was .

There's a hole in my bucket

Thought it was .

There's a hole in my bucket

We all (wanna) live in a yellow submarine.......

When my eldest was doing about the Titanic at school he wrote in his exercise book "The sinking of the Titanic was a disaster for all those on board." I made him add "Except for the lobsters in the kitchen."

:lol: