WTF!!

manxie49

OK can someone, maybe a horsey person if theres any on here answer this one ..... if my dog craps on the road, pavement or anywhere else I always pick it up and bin it when I get home. Today my bike is parked down on the kerb side, I seen three horse riders go past, when I went down a little later one of the horses had crapped so close to my bike that it splattered all over the rear wheel and swing arm .... really P-----D off about it, why does it seem to be socially acceptable for horses to do this but if a dog does it people scream from the highest heights, its all over social media and you get fined, shite is shite at the end of the day .... i'm sure someone will say that if I live in the country then I have to expect these things to happen :evil:

Not a horse owner, but I think one of the differences is that generally speaking horse muck is pretty 'clean', whereas dog mess carries all sorts of nasties such as toxocariasis

You're probably right, it still isn't pleasant though, especially when it splattered all over your bike, at least on this occasion my bike was parked and it didn't catch me out on the apex of a bend at 70mph like it normally does :shock:

Yeah I've hit it at high speed on an A road, bloody dangerous.

They should be made to get off and shovel it into a bush at the very least. They should have insurance too.

And a rider competency test.

The horses should also be tested and licensed to ensure they can cope with modern traffic without becoming a swivel eyed 2 ton accident waiting to happen.

When you’ve got to go you’ve got to go. Horses, or any other animal, are no different. You’re bike just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Wash it off and put the anger aside.

Rider should be responsible for cleaning up its horses shite , especially if it’s doing it over other people’s property ... you’d get a fine if you let your dog do it .

Yeah I've hit it at high speed on an A road, bloody dangerous.

They should be made to get off and shovel it into a bush at the very least. They should have insurance too.

And a rider competency test.

The horses should also be tested and licensed to ensure they can cope with modern traffic without becoming a swivel eyed 2 ton accident waiting to happen.

....... :popcorn:

Hello ex horsey person here!

As someone who worked in various yards, if I wasnt riding or part of a ride that went out, I would probably be the one following behind with a poop scooping buncket taking it off the road. If our hands were full of horse etc then we'd finish that job and then head back out along the roads to pick up the mess.

Its just road manners really. Sadly not all have it.

It may be difficult though if you are lone riders without someone on the ground and riding a long way and back to go and collect poop... thats the only exception I can think of?

As someone who worked in various yards, if I wasnt riding or part of a ride that went out, I would probably be the one following behind with a poop scooping buncket taking it off the road. If our hands were full of horse etc then we'd finish that job and then head back out along the roads to pick up the mess.

It may be difficult though if you are lone riders without someone on the ground and riding a long way and back to go and collect poop... thats the only exception I can think of?

Downside of living in the country I suppose, I don't think you'd have been able to pick this up, looks like the horse had a dose of the Brad Pitts .... I suppose I should feel sorry for him :)

Downside of living in the country I suppose, I don't think you'd have been able to pick this up, looks like the horse had a dose of the Brad Pitts .... I suppose I should feel sorry for him :)

Lol depends on the diet. Tend to find the pretty looking, eventing types have the worst crap going.

Horse-Manure-Bag-For-Cart-Horses-Poop-Bag.jpg

Some carts, mainly in urban areas, can be set up with poop collectors haha

The horses and carriages on Great Yarmouth seafront have these fitted and the roads are nice and clean

Horse-Manure-Bag-For-Cart-Horses-Poop-Bag.jpg

Some carts, mainly in urban areas, can be set up with poop collectors haha

The horses and carriages on Great Yarmouth seafront have these fitted and the roads are nice and clean

They use them in Zante too. Thing is you're sat right behind it in the carriage, steam wafting up nicely into your face :-|

OK can someone, maybe a horsey person if theres any on here answer this one ..... if my dog craps on the road, pavement or anywhere else I always pick it up and bin it when I get home. Today my bike is parked down on the kerb side, I seen three horse riders go past, when I went down a little later one of the horses had crapped so close to my bike that it splattered all over the rear wheel and swing arm .... really P-----D off about it, why does it seem to be socially acceptable for horses to do this but if a dog does it people scream from the highest heights, its all over social media and you get fined, shite is shite at the end of the day .... i'm sure someone will say that if I live in the country then I have to expect these things to happen :evil:

It could have been worse, Imagine if this horse , which obviously had the shits , had coughed. Your bike would have been thoroughly pebble dashed .