Any climbers here?

geofferz

was a tree climber for 15 yrs

Okay I was being facetious and didn't know this was an organised thing. I mean I like climbing trees but educate me - are there groups of you, do you use ropes etc?

Yes. Winter, ice, trade,sport and bouldering. A bit quiet on the climbing front over the last couple of years whilst kids little but still a climber.

Cool. What do you do most of? I've been bouldering for a couple of years now. Flashed a 6b today - very proud!

Fantastic! 6B, where was that? What was the problem like?

Thanks! I've done maybe 5 6bs so far but only flashed a 5c to date. It's Boulder Brighton near where I live. The problem was on a flat wall with 2 large pyramid volumes. You have to go horizontally across them, slowly. And use the adjacent wall to start. So kinda slabby, got to commit and get your weight on the front foot. Actually I'm going again tomorrow - I'll take a pic for ya.

Do! I would be interested to see. There isn't a climbing I do most at the moment. Kids and living in Essex until two months ago really got in the way. Hoping to get back into it. I think of myself as more traditional and mountain but probably split my climbing equally when I can do it.

Nice to find a fellow enthusiast.

If flashing 6B time to start working 7A!

Do! I would be interested to see. There isn't a climbing I do most at the moment. Kids and living in Essex until two months ago really got in the way. Hoping to get back into it. I think of myself as more traditional and mountain but probably split my climbing equally when I can do it.

No rush - plenty of time to climb later.

Hmm yes maybe not! It was a bit of a gimme. At least that's what it felt like. I can't usually flash 5bs so...Good fun. Im properly hooked on this sport. I like the idea of mountain climbing but it's the weather and requirement for reliable people that makes bouldering so much easier. I'd like to do my spa and become an instructor, ideally give up the day job (bit of a paycut though)...

Sounds like the effort I have to put in climbing stairs now :lol:

I bet. How is the leg mate?

Will post a proper update some point but pee'd off with it atm, last x-ray didn't look much better than one taken back in May :roll:

On a related subject, I saw an old episode of Fred Dibnah on YouTube the other day, climbing up the side of a massive factory chimney and strolling around the top with no safety gear whatsoever. :shock:

That bloke was a lunatic!

On a related subject, I saw an old episode of Fred Dibnah on YouTube the other day, climbing up the side of a massive factory chimney and strolling around the top with no safety gear whatsoever. :shock:

Did you see the one where his wife kept nagging to go on holiday .... so he took her to Blackpool , when they got there he had a job and had her holding his ladders , :lol: she did get a day on the beach .

Did you see the one where his wife kept nagging to go on holiday .... so he took her to Blackpool , when they got there he had a job and had her holding his ladders , :lol: she did get a day on the beach .

I saw it - standing in the pouring rain holding his ladders! :lol:

Here you go. I had to take a slanted shot as I couldn't get the whole route in (hence the North to help orientation!) 20181014_130405.thumb.jpg.3e370e2ccbc9f9240efaadab945198ae.jpg