Wristwatch for bikers

geofferz

It's a Japanese domestic market watch... So cannot be bought anywhere else. An oddball watch for the Japanese biker who wants it all.

I'm surprised it's still available almost 2 years later.... It came in 5 variations.

Apart from KTM orange bits what makes it a bikers watch.

orientation of the dial is turned 15-degrees clockwise so it can be read while one is gripping the handlebar of a motorcycle. Less obviously, the dial and case are sloped five degrees toward the wearer.

I’ve got a Casio G-Shock, I never take it off ( except when I had MRI scan), it’s had loads of abuse and it’s still going strong after 7 years ( had new battery).

It can get wet and take vibes on the bike without any issues.

Apart from KTM orange bits what makes it a bikers watch.

orientation of the dial is turned 15-degrees clockwise so it can be read while one is gripping the handlebar of a motorcycle. Less obviously, the dial and case are sloped five degrees toward the wearer.

Be easier to velcro an old watch to the bike but I now see why its aimed at bikers who don't wear safety gear.

Edited by Bender

I don’t really have an urge to look at the time when riding.

Is the watch expensive?, I’ve never really understood the super expensive watch thing to be honest, plus you’d really not want to go out on a bike with a Rolex or Patek Phillipe on in case you came off.

Is the watch expensive?, I’ve never really understood the super expensive watch thing to be honest, plus you’d really not want to go out on a bike with a Rolex or Patek Phillipe on in case you came off.

If you sell your bike you could get an entry level Patek.

Which is why I quit the watch game - bikes are much better value.

I cant see this going so well for someone who wears their watch on their left wrist. Oh well at least Id know what time I had the accident :lol:

I think most people wear their watch on the left wrist. Being left handed I wear mine on the right wrist so this would be useless for me. I find wearing a watch on the left makes writing more tiring.

I cant see this going so well for someone who wears their watch on their left wrist. Oh well at least Id know what time I had the accident :lol:

I think most people wear their watch on the left wrist. Being left handed I wear mine on the right wrist so this would be useless for me. I find wearing a watch on the left makes writing more tiring.

Oh no not the which wrist am I supposed to wear my watch on thing 😬

I was told when I was a kid that gents wear theirs on the right wrist and ladies on their left but it makes more sense to wear your watch on the side you use least.

[mention]Gerontious[/mention] nice, and in the odd world of watch buying it’s not as pricey as some which makes it a bargain so really you had to.... :lol:

I'm just going on what I see - there's no right or wrong, but most people I know wear their wristwatch on their left hand which is why the winder / adjuster is on the right hand side of the watch. That way you can adjust the watch whilst wearing it.

If you sell your bike you could get an entry level Patek.

Which is why I quit the watch game - bikes are much better value.

I probably could but I just couldn’t sell a bike for a wristwatch or justify that sort of money on something that tells the time, each to their own though if you can afford it then why not.

Also if I ever did want a watch like that it would defo be an AP over a Patek, honestly prefer my G Shock though or looking at the time on my phone :D .

Some of them do appreciate in value though don’t they?.

For me.. it would be a Breguet Type XX But.. not something I could justify unless I was so placed that £5000 meant less than a £100 does to me now.

I wouldnt mind one of the super accurate quartz watches.. a watch that is out by only 1 second a year - remarkable. means it only needs adjusting when the battery is changed. but they're not exactly cheap either.

I also like the Quartz/Mechanical hybrid "spring drive" Grand Seiko... just not the idea of having to return it to Japan if it ever needed a service.

For me.. it would be a Breguet Type XX But.. not something I could justify unless I was so placed that £5000 meant less than a £100 does to me now.

I wouldnt mind one of the super accurate quartz watches.. a watch that is out by only 1 second a year - remarkable. means it only needs adjusting when the battery is changed. but they're not exactly cheap either.

I also like the Quartz/Mechanical hybrid "spring drive" Grand Seiko... just not the idea of having to return it to Japan if it ever needed a service.

I've got a G-Shock which I wear for work which is radio controlled and solar powered......changes the time automatically when the clocks go forwards and back.....and cost less than £100......and it takes a hammering at work.....still comes back for more...... 8-)

I've also got a Citizen chrono eco drive, which is solar powered and pretty accurate.........and a Suunto Traverse, which I use for walking, as it has gps, compass, altimeter, step counter and thermometer......and it's rechargeable......trouble is that both these watches are a bit bulky to go under my bike jacket cuffs......but my bike has a clock in the display, so the watch is pretty much redundant when I'm out on the bike anyway...... :wink: 8-)

What makes me laugh about people is they buy these expensive watches and look at their phone to tell the time :lol:

People generally don't buy them to tell the time accurately, though they are generally pretty good , your phone or a quartz watch are far more accurate. They are bought because they are beautiful pieces of engineering excellence and a joy to own.