Mobile signal booster

Mississippi Bullfrog

I am moving to live near Oulton Park :cheers: lovely place but being a rural area the mobile signal is pretty weak. I use a mobile for work and our son-in-law will be on call when he visits and has to have reception.

So I've been looking at signal boosters. I've seen a few that boost all networks for around £350. Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience of these things or advice to share please?

Pleased to say the house has a tandem garage - ie single width wide but two cars lengths long. First job is to make into my den with spare chairs for passing bikers.

Ta.

I have a Vodafone sure signal which mostly does the job (Vodafone only). Much cheaper than generic boosters which generally get good reviews I think, but more restrictive (you have to register a phone with it, can't just use it).

Oulton Park eh? Do you get resident discount?

I have a Vodafone sure signal which mostly does the job (Vodafone only). Much cheaper than generic boosters which generally get good reviews I think, but more restrictive (you have to register a phone with it, can't just use it).

Oulton Park eh? Do you get resident discount?

is that one of mini-towers that plug into your broadband and then transmit mobile signal over a small area like your home? If this is and it's available it's a good idea.

I am moving to live near Oulton Park :cheers: lovely place but being a rural area the mobile signal is pretty weak. I use a mobile for work and our son-in-law will be on call when he visits and has to have reception.

So I've been looking at signal boosters. I've seen a few that boost all networks for around £350. Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience of these things or advice to share please?

Pleased to say the house has a tandem garage - ie single width wide but two cars lengths long. First job is to make into my den with spare chairs for passing bikers.

Ta.

If you have wifi and an iPhone you can make and receive called via wifi, at least I know you can via EE. I presume the other networks and android models can do the same. That totally negates the need for a signal booster.

Interesting suggestions. He's on Vodafone, we're on O2. I've not seen how to use the WiFi for mobile calls but I'll look into it.

here you go, looks like it's more available than I thought, does still depend on your device though

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

We're in the same situation here in darkest Suffolk. I'm on Three, and I have their free app that allows to me make and receive calls and send and receive texts via the wifi. Works really well.

• 1 month later...

No problem with O2 anywhere these days including Welsh valleys and remote Scottish glens and beaches. Things have improved rapidly in the last few years. Maybe simpler to just change to a network that does work . On the other hand , Three network doesn't even register its existence in my flat near the centre of Coventry .

That's good, have you built bike stop yet lol

It is taking shape. We move around mid March so the tea and biccies for passing bikers will be made available after then.

Asking around no network works down at the bottom of the hill which is where the house is.

It is taking shape. We move around mid March so the tea and biccies for passing bikers will be made available after then.

Asking around no network works down at the bottom of the hill which is where the house is.

You're either going to have to stock an enormous range of biscuits or conduct a poll to determine the most popular choice. Good luck .🍪🍪🍪😁

You're either going to have to stock an enormous range of biscuits or conduct a poll to determine the most popular choice. Good luck .🍪🍪🍪😁

I shall be conducting extensive market research into the subject. Of course the first dilemma is whether to serve Earl Grey, English Breakfast or Lapsang Souchong - with milk or lemon?

What speed do you get is the first question younger house buyers ask!

I'll consider myself young then :lol:

Couldn't live without high speed internet, wanting to move soon and first thing I've done after finding houses I like in budget is check internet speed.

I shall be conducting extensive market research into the subject. Of course the first dilemma is whether to serve Earl Grey, English Breakfast or Lapsang Souchong - with milk or lemon?

Are you perchance looking for a research assistant? :D

Alas the wages would be limited to PG Tips and a slightly crispy Jaffa Cake*.

*Which raises the point of interest in the definition between a biscuit and a cake. For to many it seems that a Jaffa Cake is really a biscuit masquerading under pretensions of grandeur. However the humble Jaffa Cake can claim its name in all integrity since by law a biscuit is defined as going soft when stale whereas a cake goes hard when stale. Therefore a Jaffa Cake is really a cake**.

** Not many Jaffa Cakes actually get the chance to go stale in our house so I have to take this fact on trust.

Alas the wages would be limited to PG Tips and a slightly crispy Jaffa Cake*.

*Which raises the point of interest in the definition between a biscuit and a cake. For to many it seems that a Jaffa Cake is really a biscuit masquerading under pretensions of grandeur. However the humble Jaffa Cake can claim its name in all integrity since by law a biscuit is defined as going soft when stale whereas a cake goes hard when stale. Therefore a Jaffa Cake is really a cake**.

** Not many Jaffa Cakes actually get the chance to go stale in our house so I have to take this fact on trust.

I think that might be the most delightful biscuit fact I’ve heard. Ill perform the necessary tests and present the results with my application for research assistant :thumb:

What speed do you get is the first question younger house buyers ask!

The good stuff!!

:seeya:

Also age dependant, the older house owners more likely to offer coke.... :seeya:

Coke is way too expensive and ‘more more more’ to offer out surely?