Car Parts

Via

Struggling to find the site, but remember there used to be a broker like site for car parts (and possibly bike parts) where you entered what you are after and it got sent out to scrapies / parts places registered with them that would then let you know if they have part. Anyone know the site?

Need a new sump for mine as have quite a lot of surface rust so probably wont be long till it starts to fail (not breached yet but looks too bad to save) but cannot find one on any of the usual places and don't dare phone Audi.

They work fine thank you, just spare parts are so expensive don't want to wear them out :lol:

Got first quote back £300 :shock: that's for used, last time I needed a sump was for my Astra and paid £60 for a new pattern part :lol:

Part Gateway was one I used, they ended up having their database hacked and I got quoted in The Register :shock:

Re. high prices, I've been told that they are kept in the good books with the broker website if they always respond to quote requests, so will respond with a patently ridiculous price if they don't actually have the part.

Try Car Transplants just outside Nantwich. I've had a few bits off them and they're usually pretty good.

Cheers, bit far but just checked and dont have, only ones they've got in are 2.0 engine (see below).

Part Gateway was one I used, they ended up having their database hacked and I got quoted in The Register :shock:

Re. high prices, I've been told that they are kept in the good books with the broker website if they always respond to quote requests, so will respond with a patently ridiculous price if they don't actually have the part.

:lol: do like The Register, great no nonsense reading.

Think I am going to struggle anyway tbh I decided to get the 2.7 V6 diesel (which is lovely engine) but it seems everyone else on the planet has gone for the more sensible 2.0 diesel as whenever I am looking for parts the overwhealming majority are for that and normally ends up being a needle in a haystack search trying to find something for mine, just in this case it is a very small haystack with no needle :lol:

Think I am going to struggle anyway tbh I decided to get the 2.7 V6 diesel (which is lovely engine) but it seems everyone else on the planet has gone for the more sensible 2.0 diesel as whenever I am looking for parts the overwhealming majority are for that and normally ends up being a needle in a haystack search trying to find something for mine, just in this case it is a very small haystack with no needle :lol:

I would check to see if the 2.5 sump is the same as I'm sure its the same engine with the 2.7 just having a larger bore and some upratedparts!

There is loads dead 2.5's about so you may be lucky

I would check to see if the 2.5 sump is the same as I'm sure its the same engine with the 2.7 just having a larger bore and some upratedparts!

Didn't do a 2.5 for year I've got (2009) did the 2.0, 2.7 and 3.0 apparently same as 3.0 but just as rare.

Just got a quote from Audi main dealer... £127 new! :shock: need clarify if that's Inc VAT and not missing a 0 off the end but much better price.

Didn't do a 2.5 for year I've got (2009) did the 2.0, 2.7 and 3.0 apparently same as 3.0 but just as rare.

Just got a quote from Audi main dealer... £127 new! :shock: need clarify if that's Inc VAT and not missing a 0 off the end but much better price.

the 2.7 replaced the 2.5 and the 3.0 replaced the 2.7 I'm pretty sure they only started again with the 3.0 and the 2.5 and 2.7 are the same!

But at £127 new I would just get that

the 2.7 replaced the 2.5 and the 3.0 replaced the 2.7 I'm pretty sure they only started again with the 3.0 and the 2.5 and 2.7 are the same!

But at £127 new I would just get that

Ahhh yeah they replaced the 2.5 for B7 chassis, this is the B8 so technically 2 rebuilds later :lol: know from other parts I've needed they do seem to be annoyingly very specific but had a look anyway.

20181210_151733.thumb.jpg.6fba11caf31fe82b53e353b877ec21ed.jpg

Mine...

20181210_151737.thumb.jpg.26eef925341370fb608ffdfeac871efd.jpg

Pistons seem to be in similar position as least :lol:

[mention]Via[/mention] wonder if the B8 2.7 is different to the B7 2.7 :scratch:

I seam to remember reading somewhere about the 2.5 and 2.7 sharing engine parts and lots of them and that it was only a slightly bigger bore :?

Nope the internet lied :shock: :lol:

The B7 2.7 looks identical to the B8 2.7 so nothing like the 2.5... Only noticeable difference is lack of dipstick on the B8 (fitted one to mine a while back though :lol:)

Part number for B7 one is similar except ending letter, have asked on Audi forums if they are a match as found one on eBay for an older A6 2.7 with that part code but they are all too busy discussing MPG hence why most stuff I post ends up on here :lol:

God knows what I have read then :lol: hence why I said to check never take anyone's word for it always do your own research :lol:

Is the 3.0 a totally different engine too? its not the 2.7 and 3.0 are the same but bigger bore is it :scratch:

The 1.9PD engine is more my thing to be honest! proper bullet proof motor! its what I had in my audi a4 and I now have a little seat ibiza with the same engine! bit overkill for a car to get me to work 3 times a week and for tip runs :lol:

God knows what I have read then :lol: hence why I said to check never take anyone's word for it always do your own research :lol:

Is the 3.0 a totally different engine too? its not the 2.7 and 3.0 are the same but bigger bore is it :scratch:

The 1.9PD engine is more my thing to be honest! proper bullet proof motor! its what I had in my audi a4 and I now have a little seat ibiza with the same engine! bit overkill for a car to get me to work 3 times a week and for tip runs :lol:

The 3.0 looks more similar (top end at least) so I was wrong about similar sump with that :lol:

20181210_160435.thumb.jpg.8a05593b6b3502bbae3563eebb08df95.jpg

I keep thinking I should get something more economical but at same time keep eyeing up the S8, really tempted by the older V10, now that's an amazing engine and not a bad price now plus better for environment as it's not a horrible diesel :lol:

I keep thinking I should get something more economical but at same time keep eyeing up the S8, really tempted by the older V10, now that's an amazing engine and not a bad price now plus better for environment as it's not a horrible diesel :lol:

We got something more economical! we opted for a Seat Leon 1.6 tdi :lol: this was our only car until we moved house and I could no longer walk to work :lol: hence my little banger I have! no need for anything else

The wife uses the Leon to and from work 10 miles a day stop start traffic and averages high 50's :shock:

We have had this from almost new and to be honest I think it will be the last time we do it! I would rather spend my hard earned on a newer bike now :lol:

I have 3 mates with the 3.0 tdi and they love them! one has the A4 and the other two have the A5 they are rather fun with a remap :lol:

I hear that the V10 is really smooth

We got something more economical! we opted for a Seat Leon 1.6 tdi :lol: this was our only car until we moved house and I could no longer walk to work :lol: hence my little banger I have! no need for anything else

The wife uses the Leon to and from work 10 miles a day stop start traffic and averages high 50's :shock:

We have had this from almost new and to be honest I think it will be the last time we do it! I would rather spend my hard earned on a newer bike now :lol:

I have 3 mates with the 3.0 tdi and they love them! one has the A4 and the other two have the A5 they are rather fun with a remap :lol:

I hear that the V10 is really smooth

To be honest I change my mind almost every month, BMW have got some lovely diesels with ~6sec 0-60 yet still do 70+ mpg but just don't like their styling especially interior, definitely prefer VW group in that respect.

Thought about doing lease as you lose so much money anyway (mines dropped £6k now thanks to diesel scandal) but by time you start adding the extras in you've doubled monthly price.

Mine's not quickest I've owned but it is definitely the most misleading, can easily get into licence losing territory without even noticing it, especially with CVT box it will just keep accelerating while sitting barely above idle.