About time an’all

Mickly

I like how the people who sit in the middle lane smugly justify it by saying "If I'm doing 70 in the middle lane anyone overtaking me is speeding.", while ignoring the fact they are breaking another law by not returning to the left lane when not overtaking.

If we used their argument of "the motorway is empty and its not inconveniencing anyone", surely me driving at 120mph on an empty motorway isn't an issue either.

It's lane hoggers that gets on my tits the most .as I used to drive a lorry and times id be stuck behind these tossers making me late ( delivering to the royal mint or Swindon post office you need a booking in slot miss it come back next time you get booked in ) yet they just have no idea why you flash at them blow the horn they still stay there its only when cop car shows up (very rare) or another car will pass on the 3rd lane and cut across the hogger to the inside lane then some move across others won't I just wish i had like a snow plough on the Front truck so.i could ram them off the road .

This is why now I don't even bother to flash them or the horn I just pass them on the left . Look at them when I pass them and some will look at me its like !!! Look he passed us !!! And I wave too :up:

It's lane hoggers that gets on my tits the most .as I used to drive a lorry and times id be stuck behind these tossers making me late ( delivering to the royal mint or Swindon post office you need a booking in slot miss it come back next time you get booked in ) yet they just have no idea why you flash at them blow the horn they still stay there its only when cop car shows up (very rare) or another car will pass on the 3rd lane and cut across the hogger to the inside lane then some move across others won't I just wish i had like a snow plough on the Front truck so.i could ram them off the road .

This is why now I don't even bother to flash them or the horn I just pass them on the left . Look at them when I pass them and some will look at me its like !!! Look he passed us !!! And I wave too :up:

On the flipside there are plenty of times I've been stuck behind a pair of trucks on a dual carriageway where one truck is overtaking the other going 0.1mph faster.

Result two lanes of traffic built up behind them.

Why doesn't the truck being overtaken see this and just lift off for a couple of seconds? :roll:

The leftmost lane is often way too slow and you have to constantly overtake which increases the chance of accidents. Obviously if it's proper clear then pull over. Fast lane hogging annoys the hell out of me but middle lane not so much - I can just overtake.

Where is the legislation for this?

..... Fast lane hogging annoys the hell out of me but middle lane not so much - I can just overtake .....

Lane 2 hoggers turn a three lane carriageway into a two lane carriageway. Anything to the right of lane 1 is for overtaking, not for sitting at a speed with which you're "comfortable" or "safe". :(

If I overtake a lane 2 hogger I am often holding up somebody behind me in lane 3 who was, and would like to be, going faster than I am. If drivers / riders are able to undertake, the lane 2 hogger could have safely pulled over without any inconvenience to himself / herself or anyone else - so pull over ! :?

Trucks I have less of an issue with - they tend to be flat out doing their best to overtake and sometimes that takes time. I have more of an issue with the driver, sitting in a car capable of 150mph, who seems to think it will explode if he exceeds 63mph during an overtake. Put your foot down, get past, pull in and drop back to whatever speed you want to do !

There is no "fast" lane - the speed limit is almost always the same for of them and, if another driver / rider chooses to drive / ride faster than you, it is not your job or your right to try to prevent him / her from doing that. :roll:

IMHO

Middle lane is just as bad, going to and from Wales most of it in left lane with occasional overtake but so annoying when I'm sitting in left lane with cruise control on at 70 (I was being economical :lol:) and someone sitting in middle lane at 65 so I've either got to undertake them or go all the way out to outside lane to get round them.

Nothing more than laziness because they don't want to have to pull out to overtake a lorry or let traffic in from a slip road, which then makes it another ball ache when you're in left lane and want to move out and there's a queue of traffic in middle lane.

This is good stuff, I also think Lorries should be banned from the middle lane, and I am speaking as someone who used to drive lorries up and down the M5, they slow traffic and cause congestion, half the time they don't have enough power to overtake the lorry there trying to get round anyway, have you ever been caught in a bottle neck of slow moving vehicles on the motorway then after a few miles it clears, you sit there wondering what was causing the hold up, its often lorries in the left and middle lane causing the bottleneck.

After more years of driving and riding than I care remember I think I've come up with a foolproof solution to this problem.

Anyone driving faster than me is an idiot and ought to be shot.

Anyone driving slower than me is incompetent and ought not to be allowed to drive.

This would reduce all of the above problems.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about middle lane hoggers. Yes, technically it's incorrect, but in nearly 30 years of driving I can't remember someone sitting in the middle lane ever causing me to have to do anything more demanding than poke the indicator stalk up and overtake them, or just sail past on the inside.

:scratch:

Undertaking middle laners doesn't bother me, just part of driving now.

It does get irritating when they realise they're doing something wrong, then decide to match your speed to block you (50/50 if they're doing it deliberately or just crap drivers) on the inside lane when you come up behind a slower vehicle.

This makes me have to slow down, pull up 2 lanes, overtake at a higher speed than I was cruising at, then pull back down 2 lanes and return to cruising speed.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about middle lane hoggers. Yes, technically it's incorrect, but in nearly 30 years of driving I can't remember someone sitting in the middle lane ever causing me to have to do anything more demanding than poke the indicator stalk up and overtake them, or just sail past on the inside.

:scratch:

It causes congestion when the motorway isn't clear.

When the motorway is busy but still free flowing, and you have a driver moving at the same speed as the left lane in the middle lane, it bottlenecks everyone else into one lane.

This is why I cringe when I hear the "it's safer for me as I make less moves" excuse. As by their own logic they've made everyone else now having to overtake them because they wouldn't move in less safe.

On the bike I don't care as I will move around them any which way as long as its safe. But in the car it can become tedious. There's no reason for it other than they have poor skills or are lazy.

That's true.

At the other end of the spectrum, I remember coming down the M6 in the early hours of the morning once with my father-in-law at the wheel. The entire stretch of motorway was empty except for us in lane 1. We eventually came up behind someone sitting in the middle lane, and rather than undertake or overtake them he moved into their lane and spent the next few miles flashing and beeping them to move over, his blood pressure getting higher the whole time. Just at the point he was about to have a coronary they finally moved over, he overtook them and then pulled back into lane one and carried on the journey. :lol:

Ha! As funny as that is, he shouldn't be getting angry with it. Have fun with it if anything.

Sometimes you just need to move mostly past them, then indicate to move back in. They often move over after a few seconds. Similar to when you see people joining a motorway and you move out so they can join and you pass them.

On my bike while I was bored I circled a middle lane hogger (was about 2am near the M6 toll) as I thought he was asleep. His head was down and I couldn't see his eyes. So I'd accelerate hard by to make a lot of noise, move over and then decelerate with the clutch in revving the bike. I did a couple of circles when I saw him rudely gesturing at me. I pointed at my head, then him, then made a sleep gesture to say "I thought you were sleeping". He shook his head, and he was really quite angry. Hands flying, clearly shouting a lot. I don't know why he was so unreasonably hostile.

Then I saw why his head was down, he had a x-rated video playing on his phone, which was on his lap.

I'd interrupted a middle lane 2am w**k :lol:

Ha! As funny as that is, he shouldn't be getting angry with it. Have fun with it if anything.

Sometimes you just need to move mostly past them, then indicate to move back in. They often move over after a few seconds. Similar to when you see people joining a motorway and you move out so they can join and you pass them.

On my bike while I was bored I circled a middle lane hogger (was about 2am near the M6 toll) as I thought he was asleep. His head was down and I couldn't see his eyes. So I'd accelerate hard by to make a lot of noise, move over and then decelerate with the clutch in revving the bike. I did a couple of circles when I saw him rudely gesturing at me. I pointed at my head, then him, then made a sleep gesture to say "I thought you were sleeping". He shook his head, and he was really quite angry. Hands flying, clearly shouting a lot. I don't know why he was so unreasonably hostile.

Then I saw why his head was down, he had a x-rated video playing on his phone, which was on his lap.

[mention]Six30[/mention] - can you account for your whereabouts when this took place? :lol:

@Six30 - can you account for your whereabouts when this took place? :lol:

[/quo[mention]Six30[/mention]

Wasn't me :D

@Six30 - can you account for your whereabouts when this took place? :lol:

[/quo@Six30

Wasn't me :D

No alibi then? Okey... dokey... *writes in notebook*