Bulb holders for XC90

MarkW

Morning all!

One of the bulb holders on the rear light harness of my old XC90 has failed. The contacts inside have corroded and broken off, and as it's a sealed unit I can't get in to fix it. The cheapest second hand harness on EBay is £33 with postage, which seems a bit steep when all I need to do is replace a single bulb socket.

Does anyone know what kind of socket it is, and where I can get them? I've tried Halfords, Euro Car Parts and my local independent store, but no joy. I haven't bothered with Volvo - if past experience is anything to go on their solution would probably be to say I needed to have the back end of the car chopped off and a new one welded on. :roll:

This is what the bulb holders look like:

IMG_1575.JPG.2a6394a89a219e67375c8607955e0969.JPG

Any help much appreciated! :thumb:

Hi [mention]MarkW[/mention] found these on Ebay, Item no 253958248916 might take awhile to get them, have you got a Car Breaker near you. Looks like they fit a lot of cars so they maybe able to help.

Look fairly standard bulb holders what bulb was it?

Is current harness the same? If so you should be able to replace it with a matching holder for bulb (e.g. Double contact vertical offset which is your normal stop and tail)... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132420307534

Actually ignore that, whilst bulb holder would be standard the holder connecting that to rear light cluster would be proprietary.

You could drill/cut out center of old holder so your saving that bit and glue onto new bulb holder, but could end up a lot of work for saving a few quid.