Facebook

Bianco2564

I have just joined the Vintage Japanese motorcycle club as all my bikes fit the criteria except the Solex.

Trouble is they conduct their discussions on FB which I absolutely f'kin hate; security breeches and people from years back you don't want to talk to wanting to be your "friend".

Is there a way of being on there so I can view the VJMC but not have all the other BS associated with FB?

If not I think I'd rather live without the discussions.

Please don't ever put TMBF solely on Facebook.

Please don't ever put TMBF solely on Facebook.

It will never happen!!

check your account settings and you can alter things in there for who can see your account and if anyone can add you as a friend or not etc etc

or just remove their requests as they come through

At end of day it's up to you who you add as a friend and what you do on there, my Facebook account is purely for marketplace so don't accept any friend requests or look at anything else.

You can only get pulled into discussions if you choose to participate :thumb:

Make an account with a throw away email. don't put your phone or exact location. Lock down security settings so only friends can see stuff and friends of friends can add you.

enjoy not getting notifications

(I'm an admin for my work Facebook and made aa separate account for it because I don't need work people trying to add my real account :lol: )

I reluctantly joined Facebook about 10 years ago after succumbing to pressure from the guys I used to dive with who said it would make organising dive trips easier. Then, at about the same time as I packed in diving I joined a band, who also used it for organising rehearsals and gigs.

I have to admit that I never got the whole Facebook thing - before, during or since using it. I can't see the attraction of having virtual relationships with people you clearly don't care enough about to have bothered cultivating a real relationship with. I guess there is a moment of slight curiosity as you accept the 'friend' request from someone you last saw 30 years ago as you wonder what they are doing now, but it all becomes a bit predictable: none of the morons have managed to grow a brain in the intervening years, a distressing number of them are homophobic and racist, and none of the lads who saw no point in education and left school with no qualifications because they were going to play for England actually plays for England - or for anyone else. And as for the endless pouting selfies in mock super-model poses... Jesus! "Never before has a generation so diligently recorded themselves accomplishing so little" as the quote goes.

When I left the band at the end of 2017 the first thing I did was delete my account. Much happiness! :-D

I am antisocial I don’t have Facebook account. And I don’t miss it. My wife registered me 10 or more years ago but I have never confirmed or log into that account. :hammer:

Never been on there , I don't feel the need to post pictures of my breakfast or dinner and being freinds with people who you said hello to once in 1975

I'm in the cafe

image.jpeg.bf7c8ce323a020d9610da6c06970fa20.jpeg

I finally succumbed last year...

I have a strict friends admission policy tho..

I think. Would I / do i have a pint with this person?

I feel privileged :mrgreen:

Tha should :lol: :lol:

I have heard that people go on fb just to slag each other off

U ok hun?

PM me x

I don't want to talk about it, hun

*checks into hospital*

I've had a FB account for a few years now.

I check in every couple of months in the hope of seeing something interesting, but most times it takes about five minutes for it to become frustrating wading through all the rubbish - and that's me for another couple of months .....

Had an account when it was 'new', about 15 (?) years ago. Just can't be bothered. I don't have an exciting enough life to tell the world about and if I'm eating out I'd rather eat my food than photograph it.

Edited by S-Westerly

Just make a throwaway facebook account with a random name and location to access it.

Is that as easy as it sounds?

Yes, it's the same as making a facebook account for yourself, takes probably 2 minutes. Except you use a fake name and random location. Even use a brand new email address if you don't want them accessing that too :thumb: