Stoned

MarkW

Two interesting stories on the BBC News website this week:

Brunei introduces stoning to death for various crimes, including adultery: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47769964

Britons more likely to combine drugs with sex: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47787138?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/clm1wxp5nplt/drug-use&link_location=live-reporting-story

So in Brunei you get stoned for committing adultery, whereas in Britain you commit adultery when you get stoned. :lol:

Medieval, and not even clever.

What happens if a man/woman breaks up with their spouse, but before the papers are signed down the line, one of them is seeing someone else and the other decides to go in for a bit of revenge? What about where a spouse cheats with someone who doesn't know they are married?

Is there a grading system? If you have two blokes, one who fits into one of the above situation, another who was caught having anal sex with a married Muslim man while chanting bible verses, do they get the exact same punishment?.. Morbid curiosity...

As for drugs and sex, if you need drugs to enjoy sex, you're probably not doing it right. :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

What happens if a man/woman breaks up with their spouse, but before the papers are signed down the line, one of them is seeing someone else and the other decides to go in for a bit of revenge? What about where a spouse cheats with someone who doesn't know they are married?

Is there a grading system? If you have two blokes, one who fits into one of the above situation, another who was caught having anal sex with a married Muslim man while chanting bible verses, do they get the exact same punishment?.. Morbid curiosity...

As for drugs and sex, if you need drugs to enjoy sex, you're probably not doing it right. :lol:

Well we now know what you spend your time thinking about

The result will be far more women are killed than men. due to the disparity between the sexes of any burden of proof. A woman who is raped is essentially worthless and can very easily be accused of adultery often by her own family.

According to a news item today the Sultan of Brunei, who is getting on a bit, introduced this to be at one with his religion and have a better after life. However so as not to be too harsh on the population the “crime” has to be physically witnessed by 4 people. Not have 4 accusers. Which effectively should means that the sentence will never be carried out.

We will see.

According to a news item today the Sultan of Brunei, who is getting on a bit, introduced this to be at one with his religion and have a better after life. However so as not to be too harsh on the population the “crime” has to be physically witnessed by 4 people. Not have 4 accusers. Which effectively should means that the sentence will never be carried out.

We will see.

I'm always struck by how reluctant these people are to leave the judging and the punishing to God. As if eternity in hell wasn't bad enough...

"Your God disapproves of my lifestyle? Fine - let Him tell me, not you. Now f*ck off." :D

We will see.

I'm always struck by how reluctant these people are to leave the judging and the punishing to God. As if eternity in hell wasn't bad enough...

"Your God disapproves of my lifestyle? Fine - let Him tell me, not you. Now f*ck off." :D

Funnily enough there was some bloke who went round saying much the same thing, although perhaps in a slightly different manner. But they got rid of him 'cos they didn't like that kind of talk.

We will see.

Funnily enough there was some bloke who went round saying much the same thing, although perhaps in a slightly different manner. But they got rid of him 'cos they didn't like that kind of talk.

Yeh but wasn't there the slight complication of "his" God vs. "their" God to factor into the equation? But that's OK 'cos if somone tells you what to do:

1. It isn't your fault.

2. You don't have to think.

I'm doing my bit to protest against this barbarism by refusing to stay in the £800-a-night Hotel Bel-Air. :D

I'm doing my bit to protest against this barbarism by refusing to stay in the £800-a-night Hotel Bel-Air. :D

I shall also not stay.

You only need to add in Rock n Roll and you've got one hell of a party! :drool:

I shall also not stay.

I shall stop staying , I'll move down the road to the travel lodge .... don't think I'll nick any of the towels or toiletries though .

I always stay in the places people warn me to steer clear of - they're always the most interesting! In San Francisco I stayed on the street where the hooker gets murdered with drain cleaner in Magnum Force, and was woken each morning by a dawn chorus of scavenging winos and mentally ill people standing in the road holding shouted arguments with the traffic lights. In Sao Paulo I stayed somewhere the taxi driver kept telling me was "bad, very bad" before unceremoniously depositing me outside the hotel and hightailing it up the road! :lol: