What do you like to cook (post your recipes here, including baking )

dynax

Thought it might be nice to share recipes of what you like to cook and bake :thumb:

Pulled Pork, i usually get a cheap cut with plenty of meat on it, normally takes 5-6 hours of slow cooking, high heat for the first 25-30 mins, then turn down to around 150 C, use about a 1 litre of hot water in with the meat, then every 20mins or so tease it apart, it won't completely break down for some time, add more water if needed but only a small amount at a time, then for the last hour and a half, mix some bbq sauce with some honey, the honey will caramelise without burning too much, the amount of sauce will depend on the amount of meat you have, and the mix ratio i use is 2:1 honey to bbq sauce, you will need to keep teasing and pulling, you may need to increase heat to get it to go sticky, took me a lot of trial and error, it can be a bit tough to pull apart at the beginning, don't rush it, it will break down, have fun :cheers:

I used to love cookikg/baking but i work long hours and nihjt shift so i live off macdonalds these days

Can make a pretty mean banana and walnut bread tho

Cornflakes, do they count :D

I love cooking, it's just finding the time that's the problem, prefer stews, joints, curry's nice heavy filling food :D

Also Christmas dinner, boxing day and anything major over crimbo.

For pulled pork use middle shoulder joint with blade still in it, cook on bed of onions hmmmmm, shouldn't have to touch it till its finished.

Just had dinner and already thinking what to eat next.

Lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

The recipe is a secret (obviously)

I trust that's Fortnum and Mason's own brand luxury spam.