world gone mad!

manxie49

Has the world gone mad!! So Theresa May has pushed through her net zero emissions bill by 2050, I was reading broadly what this means, getting rid of petrol and diesel vehicles, getting rid of gas and oil boilers to heat homes, planting more trees, investing in solar and wind energy, the problem is I can't see anything about how all this will be funded?? I read today that Ice cream vans could be banned from parks because using the whippy machine means they have to keep the engine running and this is having a negative impact on the environment .... Is the UK going bonkers? Cutting greenhouse gases requires a global effort not just from the UK. I was talking to a D Day veteran on the D Day memorial parade, he said that the UK is becoming the laughing stock of the world, I wonder why?? On holiday last year we were friendly with an American couple who described the UK as the tax capital of the world!! Where are we heading too, our country is a shambles.... Thats my own personal opinion

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1138817/mr-whippy-ice-cream-van-sheffield-city-council-ban

Off. my soap box now and back to moaning about the F-----g weather :D

I was talking to a D Day veteran on the D Day memorial parade, he said that the UK is becoming the laughing stock of the world, I wonder why??

I completely agree with this... But probably for very different reasons.

Remove 30million house boilers and replace them with electric, I have no issue with that, just ban gas boiler sales and when they need replacing everyone will have to have a storage tank fitted that can use solar to heat along with immersion heater, central heating is going to need to be 9kW for normal house and multiple units for bigger houses, we are also by then all going to be driving round in electric cars.

Where the f**k is all this extra electric coming from?

It's all doable the cost implications are huge either way.

Remove 30million house boilers and replace them with electric, I have no issue with that, just ban gas boiler sales and when they need replacing everyone will have to have a storage tank fitted that can use solar to heat along with immersion heater, central heating is going to need to be 9kW for normal house and multiple units for bigger houses, we are also by then all going to be driving round in electric cars.

Where the f**k is all this extra electric coming from?

It's all doable the cost implications are huge either way.

... And how will the electricity get to us? Single phase won't do the bizzo so we'll all have to be upgraded to 3-phase.

I'm off to buy a big f**k-off milling machine. :-)

Has the world gone mad!! So Theresa May has pushed through her net zero emissions bill by 2050

No she hasn't. she is trying desperately to show that she has at least done something during her tenure by adding an amendment to an upcoming bill, which has yet to be voted on - and shes not all that good at getting her party (or anyone) to vote for anything she is in favour of. (is she?)

After all she is the first prime minister in history to resign for not doing anything. She didn't Brexit. She didn't not Brexit. She didn't build more houses, end austerity or tackle much of those "burning social injustices" she tacked on to her long-awaited swan song like the unwelcome last 5 verses of the National Anthem. She spent billions of pounds doing a thing that we're not doing.

Does anyone think this will be any different? The Chancellor has said it will cost £1,000,000,000,000 which is code for "WOW.. THATS A LOT"

It will be pulled, overturned very quickly... and we'll all carry on dancing while the mass extinction continues. fret ye not.

In Cardiff city park the ice cream ven is run off electric his van is turned off and he plugs his van in to the mains . It's been like that for many years now . So yea turn the engine off as I remember standing next to ice cream Van's and in the exhausted fumes one wishing hebhurry up and serve me as i want my ice cream two I cant fecking breath here so yea turn them off

As for the bill thing it's all a fecking scam the whole bloody thing . As all the money we pay in TAX does not go to the polar bears its MPs back pockets ..

My next door nab has put in a log burner and this year it's been running and feck me

It fecking stinks .. he uses dryed logs form a farmer whom sells dry logs for log burners so it's not crap hes burning but it really stinks the whole street stinks when he got this running ..

How the heck did we manage thro the 70s 80s 90s when I was a kid with coal fires in almost every home

Interesting read indeed

Climate change is a huge concern more so for future generations.

The world has to change massively, how much is it going to cost, LOTS, is capitalism the way to continue, probably not but we’re not exactly set up for it to change are we....

We don’t live in a Star Trek future sadly......yet

We got to start somewhere, difficult future ahead I think

In Cardiff city park the ice cream ven is run off electric his van is turned off and he plugs his van in to the mains . It's been like that for many years now . So yea turn the engine off as I remember standing next to ice cream Van's and in the exhausted fumes one wishing hebhurry up and serve me as i want my ice cream two I cant fecking breath here so yea turn them off

That is incredible... Cardiff has the electricity now?

This really is the future.

I wonder how many virgin's they sacrificed to the God's to get electrickery :lol: :cheers:

If I could afford an electric car an electric van an electric bike and an electric boiler I would buy them all tomorrow, but I can't so I'm not.

If I had the money to go buy electric vehicles , I wouldn't , they'd be V8' petrols with big loud exhausts on em ......

I'd plant a couple of trees at the bottom of my garden to make it look like I'm doing me bit though .

I wonder how many virgin's they sacrificed to the God's to get electrickery :lol: :cheers:

Virgins in Cardiff :lol: :lol: :lol:

The world will go mad if we don't do anything to stop it.

If anyone watches "The Planets" on BBC 2, watch the bit on Venus. How there's a fine line between the green house effect warming a planet, and frying it. You see what the worlds scientists are calling out for us to avoid.

We made the mistake of building a society on finite materials that cause harm to our environment. So the cost to undo all of that is going to be huge. I have no doubt that corporations and government will take advantage of these changes, but they still need to be made, and they can't get away with things like they used to.

My only hope is it doesn't come at too much added cost. Boilers/Cars need replacing, so it maybe just the case that one day we can afford to move over to an electric solution.

The world will go mad if we don't do anything to stop it.

If anyone watches "The Planets" on BBC 2, watch the bit on Venus. How there's a fine line between the green house effect warming a planet, and frying it. You see what the worlds scientists are calling out for us to avoid.

We made the mistake of building a society on finite materials that cause harm to our environment. So the cost to undo all of that is going to be huge. I have no doubt that corporations and government will take advantage of these changes, but they still need to be made, and they can't get away with things like they used to.

My only hope is it doesn't come at too much added cost. Boilers/Cars need replacing, so it maybe just the case that one day we can afford to move over to an electric solution.

So where's all this electric going to come from ...coal, nucleur , wind farms ?

Virgins in Cardiff :lol: :lol: :lol:

They must have a couple of untouched sheep :lol:

It's the Lizard people I tell you. Theyr'e already amongst us in large numbers now. They're putting hallucinogenic chemicals in the worlds water systems and contaminating our food with paranoia inducing drugs so we will all end up topping ourselves and then...…………………….they take over the planet.

Come on, tell me this isn't one of them AVtvk4h.png

It's the Lizard people I tell you. Theyr'e already amongst us in large numbers now. They're putting hallucinogenic chemicals in the worlds water systems and contaminating our food with paranoia inducing drugs so we will all end up topping ourselves and then...…………………….they take over the planet.

Come on, tell me this isn't one of them AVtvk4h.png

Few Stella's ...

So where's all this electric going to come from ...coal, nucleur , wind farms ?

I work for a company that is doing an intermediary measure. My company tears out gas boilers and replaces them with gas fired engines, these engines then use a cooling circuit to heat the buildings water. The generators wind up to take the site load off the grid. The net effect is same gas usage, less (hopefully 0) electricity usage producing a CO2 saving. The next step from this when the grid gets so clean we contribute, rather than save CO2, is to have enough solar/wind power in place to heat thermal stores as their primary purpose.

New build housing (especially apartments) can and do utilise the solar/wind generation already for hot water.

After that, Nuclear (Thorium reactors are hopeful as they melt down safely in the event all else fails, and are capable of burning off nuclear waste).

Once the environmental impacts are understood, tidal.

Micro-grids are becoming more likely, where generation is more local and excess shared. It's going to be a fun time to be in the power generation industry :thumb:

Gas for gas is going to be very short lived, not enough is made of tidal and it can be relied upon, the iter reactor would be nice if it ever produces more power than its used to start and maintain the plasma, and even thats years away from completion, so fusion still appears to be ways off.

giant solar fields in the deserts or thermal towers should be looked into, we have enough deserts to power the world with spare left over, deserts combined receive vast amounts of energy from the sun, way over what we use currently produce, if only tesla had got his electricity transmission towers working :D

I don't know if you watched the Tesla Files, really interesting programme, missed a few episodes, but there was a huge conspiracy, and he may have been assassinated, to prevent him completing his Towers, also many of his documents went missing at the time of his murder?, he was born well ahead of his time, shame that he wasn't listened to, who know's where we might have been now :cheers: