Ebay jokers

Bianco2564

Not a bike story but I'm sure it must happen much the same.

Stuck my Peugeot 206 gti 180 on the bay last weekend, buy it now for £995 and on auction with a reserve of £750 which is a fair price I reckon.

Lot of interest during the week and bid up to £620 with a few hours to go.

Listing ended at £680 but I was ok with letting it go for that so contacted the highest bidder with a 2nd chance offer at £680.

Joker contacts me back,I'll give you £600 for it.

How does FO sound, you were prepared you give me 680 last night :up:

Not a bike story but I'm sure it must happen much the same.

Stuck my Peugeot 206 gti 180 on the bay last weekend, buy it now for £995 and on auction with a reserve of £750 which is a fair price I reckon.

Lot of interest during the week and bid up to £620 with a few hours to go.

Listing ended at £680 but I was ok with letting it go for that so contacted the highest bidder with a 2nd chance offer at £680.

Joker contacts me back,I'll give you £600 for it.

How does FO sound, you were prepared you give me 680 last night :up:

eBay is full of nobs like that , if you said yeh you can have it for £600 you'd of heard no more from him .

Yep had the same thing happen a few years ago, nothing as expensive as car, it was a fold down roof rack for carrying three kayaks, I used the second chance offer and the bidder did exactly the same, I obviously told him to F... off! Just some wise ass being a cock.

Sold an iPod on eBay once was pictured in working condition etc. Buyer claimed it didn’t so I sent photos of it working etc to eBay, they still took the buyers side issuing them a refund and then chased me for the money. So not only did I loose an iPod it cost me about £100 refunding them, never used it since absolutely scan considering I didn’t even get the item sent back.

Sold an iPod on eBay once was pictured in working condition etc. Buyer claimed it didn’t so I sent photos of it working etc to eBay, they still took the buyers side issuing them a refund and then chased me for the money. So not only did I loose an iPod it cost me about £100 refunding them, never used it since absolutely scan considering I didn’t even get the item sent back.

I'm surprised that eBay forced you to refund the buyer when they didn't even return the iPod, what a joke if that is how the treat the seller!

Yep, on Ebay we sold a Playstation PSP which was immaculate, not a scratch on it and I took a video and pictures of it working with all the included games and also pictures of it very well packed for shipping. The buyer messaged saying it wasnt working, when we had proof it was, Ebay wasnt interested. So not only did we have to refund the buyer his money AND the return postage, we also got back a non working PSP.

Ebay then put our PayPal account on restriction because of the issue?

Yep, on Ebay we sold a Playstation PSP which was immaculate, not a scratch on it and I took a video and pictures of it working with all the included games and also pictures of it very well packed for shipping. The buyer messaged saying it wasnt working, when we had proof it was, Ebay wasnt interested. So not only did we have to refund the buyer his money AND the return postage, we also got back a non working PSP.

WTF! Was it even the same PSP. Stories like these makes me think we need to be more cautious as the general public is not the be trusted.

I sold a bike trailer on ebay with a buy now price. Guy agreed the price so I took the listing down when he arrived he spent 20 minutes looking at the trailer trying to get the price down. I even put in the add " the buy it now" means you have bought it so only use it if you intend to buy. That was the last thing I have ever sold on ebay, I use Facebay and Gumtree now and they are both free as well

WTF! Was it even the same PSP. Stories like these makes me think we need to be more cautious as the general public is not the be trusted.

It is ridiculous. We contacted Ebay and they said "well the buyer said it's not working" Our answer was we have proof it was working so they must of broken it" We said to Ebay we weren't comfortable with giving our address out and they gave it to the buyer anyway.

It is ridiculous. We contacted Ebay and they said "well the buyer said it's not working" Our answer was we have proof it was working so they must of broken it" We said to Ebay we weren't comfortable with giving our address out and they gave it to the buyer anyway.

It's certainly making me think twice about selling any electrical goods on eBay now; not that I ever sell anything on it but it does make me question if I would now, Gumtree is probably more reliable as you would need to see the buyer in person so you can in theory show them it is working, plus once the transaction is done, the trade is complete!

What's said is true as I use to sell stuff on Ebay then it's all changed and as said if they complain at all they keep the item and you have to refund the money it's TRUE also you cant leave bad feedback telling ppl what they did YET they can do it to you .. bad feedback

Sold the car last night to someone off gumtree, paid cash and away it went.Must have been the shortest road test ever, he dipped the oil, fired it up and asked for a test drive.Turned right out our drive,100 metres up the road around a small green,back to the house and deal was done :shock:

I did sell it for £600 in the end but out of principle wouldn't deal with the ebay joker.

Another ebay tale.

Saw an Android head unit for my new car, DVD,sat nav etc on a buy it now for £169.99 or best offer.

So stuck a testing offer of £150 which was automatically rejected,so increased this to £160.

Seller came back with a counter offer of £169.90 a whole 9p off the original price. WTF is it worth even offering that option :roll:

Bought it anyway.

Another ebay tale.

Saw an Android head unit for my new car, DVD,sat nav etc on a buy it now for £169.99 or best offer.

So stuck a testing offer of £150 which was automatically rejected,so increased this to £160.

Seller came back with a counter offer of £169.90 a whole 9p off the original price. WTF is it worth even offering that option :roll:

Bought it anyway.

I would have counter offered again for £169.50. :wink:

Another ebay tale.

Bought it anyway.

Yes I did think about it but lost patience with stupid ebayers

Another ebay tale.

Bought it anyway.

Yes I did think about it but lost patience with stupid ebayers

*clicks fingers*, could have been 40p richer! :lol: