Amazon

manxie49

Since when did Amazon start putting limits on the quantity of items you can buy? Tried to purchase two echo dots, got to checkout to see some message that prevented me from proceeding to payment, checked with customer service and they told me they are limited to one per household .... And there was me thinking they were a business trying to sell things to customers.

I buy a shed load from amazon. Never heard of or run into that before but then I've probs never ordered even 2 of anything in one go come to think of it. Found this though https://www.theinternetpatrol.com/about-the-amazon-purchase-limit-policy-you-didnt-know-you-lived-under/

Have to say that apart from Kindle books I don't buy much from Amazon these days. I may use them as a browsing source for information but then actually buy from a manufacturer or a local supplier. I like to see something in the flesh first.

Also I don't particularly like Amazon's approach to business but that's a personal thing.

Have to say that apart from Kindle books I don't buy much from Amazon these days. I may use them as a browsing source for information but then actually buy from a manufacturer or a local supplier. I like to see something in the flesh first.

Also I don't particularly like Amazon's approach to business but that's a personal thing.

Their approach to customer service - returns, refunds etc is absolutely the best there is.

I buy a shed load from amazon. Never heard of or run into that before but then I've probs never ordered even 2 of anything in one go come to think of it. Found this though https://www.theinternetpatrol.com/about-the-amazon-purchase-limit-policy-you-didnt-know-you-lived-under/

This was all news .... I can't believe you could lose your account for a mistake that you know nothing about at the point of ordering, thanks for putting me in the picture, Just passed this on to my sister

To be fair what I've bought has never needed to be returned so the issue of refunds doesn't arise. What I don't like is the way they constantly push Amazon prime. I really don't want it and it ticks me off that I have to deliberately opt out of it every time I buy something.

Amazon is fine for items or more specifically brands that aren't widely available. I wanted a specific tool set and could only get it easily from there and it was the best price. Same went for the torque wrench I wanted as well as some pliers. Brands such as Bahco, Wera, Knipex and Facom.

Something else I don't understand with Amazon, there's quite a lot of stuff that states "does not deliver to highlands and Islands" which means living on the IOM I'm goosed. Now this is where it gets confusing, my sister lives in Belfast, she can order an item from her account in Belfast that for me, states "does not deliver to the highlands and islands" and have it delivered directly to me on the Island .... How does that work :scratch:

Something else I don't understand with Amazon, there's quite a lot of stuff that states "does not deliver to highlands and Islands" which means living on the IOM I'm goosed. Now this is where it gets confusing, my sister lives in Belfast, she can order an item from her account in Belfast that for me, states "does not deliver to the highlands and islands" and have it delivered directly to me on the Island .... How does that work :scratch:

No idea. Ask amazon.

You live in the IOM? Do you like bikers descending on it and tearing up your tarmac?

No idea. Ask amazon.

You live in the IOM? Do you like bikers descending on it and tearing up your tarmac?

No, I F-----G hate bikers :lol: .... TT and FOM are the best times of year, I love the TT

Because Irelands population is close to 5million and it's not a small lump of rock.

I think you missed the point of the question of I was asking .... and every island is a small lump of rock when you look at it from the sea :booty:

no I didn't miss the point of the question, its simply logistics iom is a little lump of rock with few people, Ireland is a big lump of rock with lots of people, the highlands are the sam, huge and sparsely populated.

I'm actually quite interested if Amazon Prime is available on IOM. please let us know when you find out for us, @manxie49 :thumb:

amazon prime is available anywhere as its video on demand too, if you can get things delivered for free as part of I don't know the answer to that.

I'm actually quite interested if Amazon Prime is available on IOM. please let us know when you find out for us, @manxie49 :thumb:

amazon prime is available anywhere as its video on demand too, if you can get things delivered for free as part of I don't know the answer to that.

Yup, interested to know about the next day delivery for IOM. :)

Yup, interested to know about the next day delivery for IOM. :)

http://www.iomonline.net/free-delivery-to-the-isle-of-man/

Yes, Amazon prime is available but they won't guarantee next day delivery, its good for the movies and music though

no I didn't miss the point of the question, its simply logistics iom is a little lump of rock with few people, Ireland is a big lump of rock with lots of people, the highlands are the sam, huge and sparsely populated.

Its OK Bender I was only joking, I've always said that this is a rock inhabited by 86,000 alcoholics :D The only good thing about living here is the TT

Yes, Amazon prime is available but they won't guarantee next day delivery, its good for the movies and music though

Ah, as a matter of interest, do you know if it's a two day delivery then? :)

Its OK Bender I was only joking, I've always said that this is a rock inhabited by 86,000 alcoholics :D The only good thing about living here is the TT

plus the fantastic scenery :D

Ah, as a matter of interest, do you know if it's a two day delivery then? :)

Yes supposed to be two day but they still won't guarantee it, our next door neighbour says it can take three or four days for prime items to be delivered/