Fake F1 car .

fastbob

Coming up the crowded M40 today on the ER5 just watching my distance and checking my mirrors when one of these things comes sailing up the middle lane . I really don't know what to think . Going down the pub in it or attending shows is one thing but the M40 in the rush hour ? That's got be asking for trouble . Somebody's going get distracted with deadly consequences sooner or later . It's called a Furore and the one I saw was in similar Renault colours to this .

PhotoEditor_20190807_220401325.thumb.jpg.ab87fe123099c86f02178f9703d1bd5c.jpg

Edited by fastbob

I don't even see a seatbelt. Is that even road legal?

Apparently so . It's probably got a lap strap in it .

BTW @fastbob, how did you get a photo of this? Did you follow this driver all the way back to their home?

No , I just took a good look at it and then Googled it later on this evening .

Any kind of vehicle can be used on the road as long as it meets the minimum requirements, there have been numerous road legal vehicles from armchairs to sheds and everything in between :thumb:

I wouldn't worry about the safety rubberneckers, otherwise they'd have to ban the db5 and e type I saw the other day, and that model in the fiat 500...

Oddly, I've never really liked the E Type as much as everyone else seems to, think the AC Cobra has to be my favourite 60s car and a real one of those is even rarer than an E Type on the roads!.

I did see an F40 a few months ago on the road, look as cool in real life as it did as a poster.

Guest Richzx6r

I wouldn't worry about the safety rubberneckers, otherwise they'd have to ban the db5 and e type I saw the other day, and that model in the fiat 500...

Oddly, I've never really liked the E Type as much as everyone else seems to, think the AC Cobra has to be my favourite 60s car and a real one of those is even rarer than an E Type on the roads!.

I did see an F40 a few months ago on the road, look as cool in real life as it did as a poster.

You sure the f40 wasn't a replica?

Yes its road legle got number plate .. seatbelts ..indicators. it have brake lights an headlights mirrors windscreen wipers that all it needs add ons . Odd car to drive on the road mind talk about look at me me me me tell you what if one crashed when that was passing I'd be suing the driver he made me crash .

No way .... I'd rather be a bus w*^ker than drive round in that .

I agree .... what I meant by nice was, it would be nice if you had the money to waste on one, I'd sooner shell out on a bike for the winter roads

F40 is a weapon - seen a few at my local annual car show.

I love the e type. However, I feel the same way to you about the db5 - seen 2 lately and they are u-g-l-y!

Favourite muscle car is Eleanor

tmg-facebook_social.thumb.jpg.502e96379d5b8e8e8c0e762e998078e9.jpg

You sure the f40 wasn't a replica?

I’m fairly sure it wasn’t it ‘looked’ right to me and sounded like an Italian V8 as opposed to an MR2, but I’m hardly an expert as it’s the first one I’ve ever seen.

F40 is a weapon - seen a few at my local annual car show.

I love the e type. However, I feel the same way to you about the db5 - seen 2 lately and they are u-g-l-y!

Favourite muscle car is Eleanor

tmg-facebook_social.jpg

Loved the F40 and the Porsche 959 when growing up, there was a game in the Megadrive where you could pick between them and the Diablo.

Elenor looks awesome.

A tip for a future/modern classic has got to be the TVR Tuscan, they’ve doubled in price in the last few years and look cool 8-) .

Sagaris is already getting to silly money but not sure how many were built, got to be 100 tops?.

I've just remembered , on the same journey , somewhere near Henley on Thames I saw a replica Blues Mobile complete with giant loud speaker strapped to the roof . I only glimpsed it for a few seconds on a bend coming the other way . If I had heard the immortal words " You , on the motorcycle ! " my day would have been complete but sadly it was not to be .

No different to riding a race rep spotsbike in Rossi colours with Rossi helmet etc. And why not on a motorway? People ride motorbikes on them.

Errm , it is different ... dressed as rossi ,yeh nob ... but race rep colours do look nice on a bike .

Driving round in a plastic f1 car that's a whole different level of nob .

No different to riding a race rep spotsbike in Rossi colours with Rossi helmet etc. And why not on a motorway? People ride motorbikes on them.

Because Power Rangers on race reps are completely common place and no one would give one a second glance but a convincing F1 lookalike is very unusual and is likely to draw a lot of attention . Attention that would be better focused on the motorway in the rush hour . It is also worth mentioning that this thing was about three feet high which would make it very difficult to see from the cab of an HGV . I guess you would have to have been there to appreciate just how silly this situation was .