Is it just me?

winston smith

Its a slow day here......

Is it just me or does almost every second car/van now ignore the stop line at traffic lights? They either cross the line , then creep forward while still red, then fail to pull away for several seconds when the light goes green; or if there's a cycle box they ignore the line and stop in the cycle box.

Both of which really really irritates me....it shouldn't, cos it doesn't affect me in any way, but it does.

Is this a Nationwide thing or just in the Midlands?

At least they stopped. Just ridden back through Coventry and at 2 separate places cars completely failed to stop for a red light.

At one I was about a third of the way across the junction on the green light when a white Jag came through on red. But it was OK as he was turning left to go the same way as me. :shock:

Bourbons for me please.

Driving and life in general appears to be linked to the in trend attitude of f**k you I'm ok

I see red lights ignored Dailey, idiots blocking roundabouts jumping a light then having no where to go really gets me marked, I may have been known to pull right up to them and keep my hand on the horn till the lights change, childish I know 😁

The other thing while we are on, roadworks with signs that clearly say use both lanes to queue and some prick turns himself into the lane police and blocks one, well that's very f**king clever especially on our current section up here where it causes the traffic to build up back to a roundabout and then f**k the whole ask for everyone, I may have had words with them too

2 vans blocked the road leading up to roadworks for a motorbike, bike couldn't get along side to explain the error of there ways, he was raising his arms with wtf being the translation, they had both pulled over with inches between mirrors leaving 4ft on the left side, the prick behind van in left lane kept upto the rear of the van that was basically driving down the middle of the white lines almost half a mile of empty Road in right lane with big f**king signs saying use them both.

Guy on bike dropped back shaking his head I asked if he would like me to have a word with them he just laughed.

I know the green bits well by now so nipped passed which at 5mph is easy to do, had a few words as I went passed then thought Hmmm empty Road, I stopped and put my hazards on, I think i had broke down, as I got out the van pulled in behind the other I thought he's just going to go straight past and resume blocking and I'm going to look like more of a tit, a very red tit by now blood pressure was off the map, he didn't he, stayed put and the bike waved as he went past both me and the other van, well it was kinda like a wave.

Edited by Bender

Let’s go straight to biscuits on this one ...

Custard creams hmm

That's a granny biscuit.

When I go to give blood I always check out the biscuits first: if there's nothing better than Wagon Wheels or custard creams on the trolley they can whistle for my pint. F*ck 'em.

A bit off topic, but I filtered passed over half a mile of static cars and crossing a double white line today right to the front of the queue. Long term road works with 4 way lights makes this road a nightmare for car drivers. Smug? Moi? It felt F'ing great! :D

A bit off topic, but I filtered passed over half a mile of static cars and crossing a double white line today right to the front of the queue. Long term road works with 4 way lights makes this road a nightmare for car drivers. Smug? Moi? It felt F'ing great! :D

So have you broke the law ? are the cars stationary or queuing ? if they edge forward a few feet while your overtaking them the other side of double white lines they ain't stationary .....

:popcorn: :popcorn:

So have you broke the law ? are the cars stationary or queuing ? if they edge forward a few feet while your overtaking them the other side of double white lines they ain't stationary .....

I probably broke the law a tiny wee bit but there was no plod to be seen anywhere. I did take a careful look out for anyone wanting to do a swift U turn to evade the queue. Will I get a fine or ban from the Forum six? :cry:

I probably broke the law a tiny wee bit but there was no plod to be seen anywhere. I did take a careful look out for anyone wanting to do a swift U turn to evade the queue. Will I get a fine or ban from the Forum six? :cry:

No your all good :thumb:

I think you’re allowed to cross them to pass slow moving vehicles under 10 MPH?, not 100% sure on that one though.

Life's too short to get aerated by other drivers being stupid. I just get on with my ride. Having said that there are parts of Bristol (Fishponds area particularly) where the standard of driving is very erratic. Pays to be particularly cautious in that area.

The whole driving thing has got worse .on there phones .. hogging lanes ... failing to indicate.. not stopping when the should lights. Roundabouts stop signs . Then stopping where they shouldn't. Ppl cant use roundabouts

HOW FECKING HARD IS A ROUNDABOUT

. You see them left hand lane drive all the way round the roundabout passing umpteen turn offs and cutting others who are in there right lanes to go back then way they came WTF .... .

I dont know it is as when I driving lorrys I used to see one or 2 bad driving (apart from lane hogging why i fecking hate it so much ) but now its every day 5 to 10 times a day it's never ending..

You drive now and its find the good driver . .

No idea what these driving schools are teaching but standards and way way down ..

At least they stopped. Just ridden back through Coventry and at 2 separate places cars completely failed to stop for a red light.

At one I was about a third of the way across the junction on the green light when a white Jag came through on red. But it was OK as he was turning left to go the same way as me. :shock:

Bourbons for me please.

That kinda touches on the point I was trying to make....we all come across the galacticly stupid/selfish/entitled people doing really dangerous stuff like like red light jumping and pulling out without looking, but my OP was about stuff that's moronic and unlawful, but doesn't really harm anyone. The same sort of drivers that sit 6inches off your rear bumper in a queue, and if you pull forward a foot they instantly close the gap again....for no apparent reason.

That's the crappy behavior that I find irritating me lately.

......maybe I'm turning into Victor Meldrew 🤔

One other thing I've noticed and I don't know if anyone else has, how many sane, sensible and nice people there are who change into Mr or mrs angry the minute they get behind the wheel of their car. Guy I work with, really nice bloke, good sense of humour, help you out if your stuck kind of bloke, turns into a real cock when he gets behind the wheel, so much so that I'm surprised he hasn't been chinned, I know he's not the only one like this, I'm sure I'm the same as a lot of people here and have witnessed some senseless and stupid behaviour on the roads from people who are not normally inclined to act like complete and utter dicks.

I think you’re allowed to cross them to pass slow moving vehicles under 10 MPH?, not 100% sure on that one though.

only 4% right

Only to overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less

One other thing I've noticed and I don't know if anyone else has, how many sane, sensible and nice people there are who change into Mr or mrs angry the minute they get behind the wheel of their car. Guy I work with, really nice bloke, good sense of humour, help you out if your stuck kind of bloke, turns into a real cock when he gets behind the wheel, so much so that I'm surprised he hasn't been chinned, I know he's not the only one like this, I'm sure I'm the same as a lot of people here and have witnessed some senseless and stupid behaviour on the roads from people who are not normally inclined to act like complete and utter dicks.

Its because every one is the hardest person in the world in there own little world of the car ..

The times I have had these rocky Balboa van dams shouting the odds waving the finger /fists /coffee shaker /w4nker wave soon as you get out your car an walk towards them they shite there pants and drive off like there on fire or if there stuck its window up I'm sorry sorry I wont do it again sorry .. then you get back in your car or on the bike soon as they drive off finger up or w4nker wave . Put him on the spot and you see what hes really like .

only 4% right

Only to overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less

That does sound about right!, used to hate encountering a cyclist on double white lines when in a truck!.

Bourbons for me please.

When there are drugs deliveries to be made time is money .

I cannot substantiate this but my instinct tells me I'm right . If the police in Coventry , or any other town for that matter , were to stop and search every car being driven by a single male between 17:00 and 20:00 , the drugs trade would cease to function overnight.

I cannot substantiate this but my instinct tells me I'm right . If the police in Coventry , or any other town for that matter , were to stop and search every car being driven by a single male between 17:00 and 20:00 , the drugs trade would cease to function overnight.

No it wouldn't. The dealers would realise what was happening within 10 minutes and deliveries switched to pushbikes in another 5 minutes.

H’mm

The dealers use bikes around Tilehill, you can hear them buzzing round late at night, stopping every couple of mins then buzzing off again, goes on into the early hours

No it wouldn't. The dealers would realise what was happening within 10 minutes and deliveries switched to pushbikes in another 5 minutes.

Unfortunately you're not wrong .