Vertigo

The GOAT

Anybody experienced this.

I had a severe attack on Friday! I stood up and it felt like Mike Tyson hit me really hard in the face, the room was all over the place and I fell to the ground and couldn't move for about an hour. I couldn't even phone for help as the phone was all over the place too.

Truly awful experience, lasted 3 days on and off.

I think it due to pressure behind my ear caused by my recent holiday (plane pressure descending).

Meds are just about keeping it at bay but I really feel shite.

Can't ride, can't drive, can't work atm :crybaby:

Guest Richzx6r

Anybody experienced this.

I had a severe attack on Friday! I stood up and it felt like Mike Tyson hit me really hard in the face, the room was all over the place and I fell to the ground and couldn't move for about an hour. I couldn't even phone for help as the phone was all over the place too.

Truly awful experience, lasted 3 days on and off.

I think it due to pressure behind my ear caused by my recent holiday (plane pressure descending).

Meds are just about keeping it at bay but I really feel shite.

Can't ride, can't drive, can't work atm :crybaby:

Get well soon mate, hope it doesn't last too long.

If it helps I'm suffering from abit of concussion so I know about feeling abit dizzy/dazed

there are head movements you can practice which re-align stuff in your inner-ear which can reduce the symptoms, i remember reading about it a long time ago so dont have any links but its supposed to cure dizzyness/vertigo

If I remember correctly the head/neck exercise work only if your problem is caused by chalky/calcium build up in the inner ear. I had a bout of Labyrinthitis many years ago. Lasted four months, a month longer than most cases. The doctor put me on very strong tablets but they only helped a little.

Time and tablets are usually the way to battle vertigo problems. Hope it isn't anything serious, good luck.

[mention]The GOAT[/mention] My missus suffers with Vertigo from time to time, try taking travel sickness tablets, i usually give my missus Stugeron 15, whatever you take make sure it has Cinnarizine as the active ingredient :thumb:

Sounds like a bout of labyrithitis which can be nasty. I ended up in the back of an ambulance a couple of years ago after I keeled over.

There are medications which can relieve the symptoms but I found them worse than the problem.

Mine began with a few spells of vertigo which lasted only a short while, then it hit me big time and I was unable to stand, was sick, the first thing they thought was a heart attack or a stroke which is why I ended up in an ambulance.

As said, there isn't a quick cure, but you do need to rest and if it persists go back to the doctors.